Shoes! Are ye going for bridal (white/ivory) or different?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Tayto Posts: 305
Hello all, just wondering what ye are all doing for shoes? Personally I don't want a typical bridal shoe style, thinking silver or a mad pair from irregular choice in schuh-love 'em!! Would much rather be able to wear them again.
Fi76 Posts: 517
I definately want a different pair, something I'll wear again, or I've also thought about going through my mothers many many pairs of shoes and seeing if she has anything that I can borrow..save me money anyway!
ozypozy Posts: 2950
I'd love to get a pair of irregular choice but not brave enough, my mam would be gobsmacked! I got a pair of rainbow club in ivory and they can be dyed afterwards.
kingdom girl Posts: 955
I think typical bridal shoes are the biggest waste of money the amount of brides that i spoke to said they bought dyeable shoes but they are still the same colour, they just couldnt be bothered dying them. sure its only an extra expense on top of overpriced shoes in the first place.
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
I bought a gold pair for under my dress. Wanted 2 be able to wear them again without having to dye them.
shellbell Posts: 440
Got a simple pair of ivory shoes, really really wanted Gina's but the dressmaker freaked me out telling me the dress could stick in the stones and make me stumble/rip the threads at bottom of the dress etc. Think she was doing a worst case scenario but I'm so clumsy it freaked me enough to buy a satin pair!
2009 Bride Posts: 990
Had planned on getting something different but then I saw a gorgoeus bridal pair in the sales for half price so ended up getting them instead.
La Dolce Vita Posts: 522
I'm personally not a fan at all of the typical bridal shoes, no offence to anyone as i know everyone has very different tastes but i think they're a bit mumsy. I wanted to be able to wear mine again as i had always planned on splashing out on them and also love really high heels. I was over in NY for a wedding in November, did a big search over there but didn't find anything as most of the shoes at the time were peep toe platforms and i needed someone much more delicate. Took a trip to London to the Harrods sale after Christmas and got a beautiful pair of silver ankle coil Rene Caovilla sandals reduced to £500. I had seen her shoes in NY but they were up at around a grand over there which i just couldn't justify. So thrilled with them and delighted I made that extra effort to find them.
Ladylove Posts: 55
I wanted some designer shoes for the day so went for a lovely gold pair - didn't want the hassle of having to dye white/ivory ones after the big day as knowing me I'd never get round to it :o0
blueswallow Posts: 1244
I know I'll never wear mine again (they are dyeable, but I probably won't do it), but I just felt the day was special enough to warrant buying a pair of shoes just for that outfit. I mean, a traditional wedding dress isn't something most people would wear again, but that doesn't stop most brides buying one!