Shoes catching on dress! Help :(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

XcitedMum2b Posts: 165
Hello wollies I was just wondering if anyone might have any suggestions how i could stop my shoes from catching on the inside slip of my dress - when i walk the glittery bits on the shoe pluck at the lining inside my dress and because its catching on it i am walking funny! :duh: I was thinkin that maybe i could get the shoes coated to make them smooth (if you can do such a thing?) but i dont want to ruin them. I really love my shoes and dont want to get another pair :weep Can anyone help? Thanks! :thnk PS: I am goin to try and attach a photo - hopefully this works!
Leftbank Posts: 2395
Not sure how to help but shoes are amazing.
vulgarpicture Posts: 571
Sorry I can't offer anything productive, other than rip the bottom off your dress and show off your gorgeous shoes!! I'm very jealous!
jams Posts: 368
[quote="vulgarpicture":3unoyvjy]Sorry I can't offer anything productive, other than rip the bottom off your dress and show off your gorgeous shoes!! I'm very jealous![/quote:3unoyvjy] +1 sorry I dunno either, But Jeeezzzzzzz I am sooooooooooooooooooo soooooooooooooo jealous that youve got them shoes! id probably just change the dress! :innocent:
Bellisima Posts: 3583
[quote="jamber":3lphs3qd][quote="vulgarpicture":3lphs3qd]Sorry I can't offer anything productive, other than rip the bottom off your dress and show off your gorgeous shoes!! I'm very jealous![/quote:3lphs3qd] +1 sorry I dunno either, But Jeeezzzzzzz I am sooooooooooooooooooo soooooooooooooo jealous that youve got them shoes! id probably just change the dress! :innocent:[/quote:3lphs3qd] +1000000!!
Blossom Cherry Posts: 2701
Love the loubies!!! Is there anyway that a seamstress could line the inside of your dress with a smooth material? I presume the lining that is catching is netting? HTH
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
Love those shoes, my cousin had them for a black tie wedding she went to at Xmas, she found the dress snagged on the shoes too, try to do something to stop it from happening if you can cos it frayed her dress and a couple of the little crystal bits on the shoes ended up popping off, she was really peeved off cos they are not cheap shoes as you know!!! They are amazing.
XcitedMum2b Posts: 165
Thanks guys i :lvs them too - just hope they dont kill me! lol But ill have back up shoes for later ;) [b:22xrle2y]Sparkly winterbride[/b:22xrle2y] i was just thinkin the same thing actually after seeing a post on blue peticoats! I think u could be on to something! I hope theres a material that wont catch on them - i really didnt think the lovely smooth lining in my dress would but it does O:|
bmac Posts: 72
I was told two things...one was to spray with hairpsray and the other put a coat of clear nailvarnish on..not sure how you feel about any of those two...best of luck :o)ll
Blossom Cherry Posts: 2701
[quote="FuBaR":11jfmldn]Thanks guys i :lvs them too - just hope they dont kill me! lol But ill have back up shoes for later ;) [b:11jfmldn]Sparkly winterbride[/b:11jfmldn] i was just thinkin the same thing actually after seeing a post on blue peticoats! I think u could be on to something! I hope theres a material that wont catch on them - i really didnt think the lovely smooth lining in my dress would but it does O:|[/quote:11jfmldn] Up here for thinkin' (points to head), down there for dancin' (points to fantabolous Loubies!) :o0