Shooting pains in boobs

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi i see lots of posts on sore boobs - mine were very sore in the beginning now they are ok unless DH hugs me too hard or something like that but i have been getting bad shooting pains in my left one. Got it yesterday morning and i actually cried it was so painful, it has happened a few times since then. The pain goes from bottom of inside of boob right up to the nipple. Im wondering is it something to do with milk production? Im raging cos i was supposed to see my GP this morning but she is on hols so i have to wait until next Monday. Also it doesnt happen to the right boob????
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Hi NLTG, how freaky, pretty much the same for me.. only the left one too! I posted about it before I think. I assumed it was just everything changing and what not. I mentioned it to my midwife at last hospital visit and she didn't seem concerned, but she said that I might want to speak to the consultant about it and perhaps request a scan. I have a lot of cysts already and I understand these can grow and be affected by pregnancy. But all in all, I don't think it's anything to worry too much about. Do mention to your doc though. Take care :xxx
Sphynx Posts: 6795
What is it about the left boob?! I never had shooting pains but the left one sometimes aches and feels tender while the right one is right as rain. Also, the left one leaks way more than the right one! NLTG I'd say it is to do with the milk ducts but get it checked out. I'm going to ask about mine next time but I'd say the midwives would know better than the docs!
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Thanks girls, so freaky about it being only the right boob. S**t would you believe it just as im writing this im getting it in my right one now!!!! Ill ask GP next week, cos its pretty sore, God help me if i breastfeed. :eek
Elliecat Posts: 2725
Same as me, I've been getting pains in my left boob too, its weird. Must remember to say it to midwife at next appointment.