Shooting Pains up my bump...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bride. Posts: 3014
Oh please tell me someone has had these and they're perfectly normal - for the past few days, I'm having stabbing pains from low down shooting up my bump, they're so painful I have to stop what I'm doing and wait for them to pass as they would take my breath away. I was even thinking they could be contractions yesterday only for they're going up and contractions probably work their way down, then thinking they could be Braxton Hicks but I heard they're not meant to painful.. anyone?? (I'm 31 wks btw)
Thinkerbell Posts: 187
Hi Bride Braxton Hicks can be painful as bad as a real contraction sometimes, I get those shooting pains(kinda low like at the top of you cervix) can be very sore and make you jump, but my midwife said its just streching pains, but I'd mention it to your doc the next time anyway.
theoracle Posts: 7664
It sounds like you could have proper contractions if they are that painful and keep happening regularly. Go to the hospital and request to be put on trace, it is best not to ignore it. It might be nothing but it is best that you find out for sure.
sinion Posts: 6050
Haven't had it and i'd only be guessing at what it could be so I'd also suggest you get it seen to as a precaution. When I've had real worries I ring the hospital and they'll either tell me what it is or get me to come in just in case. Don't worry about it not seeming like a big deal to them or feeling that you're overreacting, they are well used to first time mums and all the worries that go with it xx
I might give them a ring later on, there's no regularity to them at all them which is reassuring.
mama2E Posts: 670
Well bride. How are you today?????????
Carthusia Posts: 148
Hi Bride, i have a shooting on the right side of my bump so I went to the gp this morning. He ruled out kidney infection and said it was more then likely the womb and various ligaments stretching to accommodate the growing baby. he examined my tummy and we got to hear the heart beat and he said everything was perfect...so maybe give your gp a ring or pop into the surgery...
Wel tbh I'm not worried about premature labour or anything as they are nowhere near regular, maybe 4 a day and I have no other signs of labour. It seems that the baby is sitting on a nerve but I'm going to pop into my doctor tomorrow and see what the professional opinion is. Thanks a mil for all the replies!