Shopping in the north

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

broody chick Posts: 203
Hello mammies-to-be :thnk Where in the North of Ireland is good to pick up buggy, changing unit and the other million things babies need. :o0 Any help would be so useful. :wv
Duncelt Posts: 460
Hi Broody Chick I will also be doing all my shopping in the North. With the exchange rate the way it is it is well worth it. I do my grocery shopping up in Newry every week and saw a sign for "Toys R Us" doing € for £ rates e.g. if buggy is £399 you get it for €399 (great deal). The sign said the offer is on Fri, Sat and Sun in the month of August. Also between the Buttercraine and the Quays shopping centre I'm sure you'd pick of loads for a lot less.
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
The toystore in the Quays shopping centre car park "toyztore" has that deal on, I got my pram and cot there last week. The buttercrane has a mothercare - prices much cheaper than the south If you take the Newry bypass you'll see a Smiths which is way cheaper than the south too. There is also a shop called bump n babies in newry town - it can be hard to find it you don't know the area but sat nav's are great :o0 Lisburn also has a toys r us which I'll hopefully be going to next week. Happy shopping :thnk
maisedon Posts: 1394
[quote="mrs sunflower":2ac2xjki] If you take the Newry bypass you'll see a Smiths which is way cheaper than the south too. :thnk[/quote:2ac2xjki] Thi might be a silly question mrs sunflower - but what (apart from toys) is in Smiths??? Do they sell buggies and the like too?
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
yes they've cots, buggies, baskets, bottles, breast pumps etc
Oh cool!!! Thanks!! If all goes well we are planning to go up to Newry to buy all our bits - its good to know where to go!! :thnk
eviangirl Posts: 6
hi Just phoned Toys r us about the so called € for £ deal and there is no such deal on? it also seems there isn't a store in newry as suggested by an earlier post? the nearest store is Lisbon which is a further 30miles approx? so what is going on? who is telling lies? I'm very curious and looking forward to a response? love to know what is going on? has anyone else seen this deal for themselves or even bought something from the store € for £?
[quote="mrs sunflower":2tlrhzam]The toystore in the Quays shopping centre car park [b:2tlrhzam]"toyztore"[/b:2tlrhzam] has that deal on, I got my pram and cot there last week. :thnk[/quote:2tlrhzam] :eek eh, I think you might have phoned the wrong store sligosally!!!
psawyer Posts: 121
Its the toystore in the car park of the quays shopping centre which has the £ for € offer! dont know what its called though
NewGirl Posts: 1143
I think Duncelt just got the name wrong - but the toystore in Newry is very good - I bough Barney Teddy for DS in it at £20 saw it at weekend in smyths in south €30 - I know it was only over €4 saving but that was one small item