shopping up north

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

snoppy Posts: 11
Hi Girls Just wondering if any of you went up norht to buy baby stuff? its our first baby, my sis has told me that she's finished, she has 3 so i reckon that i'l get a lot of the stuff from her, but i'l still need to get things.
wedjul05 Posts: 5673
Hi snoppy, we went to mothercare in Newry and ToysRUs in Lisburn and oh Ikea also. Defo worth it, even then but now with the exchange rate, go for it!
WOLMOL Posts: 39
Johnson's Baby Wipes are £5 for 6 packs in Semi-chem next to Sainsbury's in Newry....Stock up!!!
fifteensept Posts: 565
Snoppy...defo worth the trip you can get all your bits and pieces up there and so much cheaper than down here. I went to Newry - MC, Smyths, Sainsburys, Argos, ELC, M&S, Adams and loads more, also about 20mins drive out the coast road there is an Asda worth the drive.
jen09 Posts: 1390
Definitly get as much as you can up in Newry/Lisburn etc. We go once a month & always get nappies & wipes - huggies wipes £1 a pack in the pound shop in the Quays Shoppin Centre! My aunt is pregnant & got her pram in Mothercare in Buttercrane for €200 then she was quoted in Dublin!!! Also we bought the majority of stuff in Baby R Us - a part of Toys r us; We spent £250 2yrs ago & got so much stuff, in great condition still & will be used again.