Short distance honeymoon

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

overthemoon! Posts: 1479
Hi all, i have this posted in The Honeymoon section also but wasnt getting any response. would love some tips/hints/advice. We are thinking of just going on honeymoon for 7/10 days in sept after the wedding as we want to go to New York at Christmas for a few days. can anyone suggest a romantic honeymoon destination within 3/4 hours flight? Somewhere romantic with beach, good nightlife but the only thing i would insist on is immaculate accomodation. Am a bit of a Monica tbh, any sun holidays we have been on the apts were grubby especially the bathrooms. maybe if we stayed in a hotel this time??? thanks chicks
Doll Face Posts: 3721
Im of to Malta for my Honeymoon its 4 hours away its sunny and the Seabank hotel is a fab place to stay i to am a bit of a Monica so i know how you feel, You could try the Westin Hotel ive heard great reports about it. Theres a few other countrys like Italy,Spain and tunisia id recommend them all for holidays but my fav is Malta.
Sinead Nic Gabhann Ceremony Singer Posts: 1274
Have a look at Crete in Greece, as long as you go out of the major resorts like Hersonisos and get 5 star you are pretty much guaranteed imaculate accom. Have a look at these hotels Another location could be Costa Smeralda in Sardinia Italy. I am not sure of the hotels there though, so have a look online. But I found a few here Sinead
YoungsWIfe Posts: 738
Hi :wv We went to Peurto Rico for ours. We had a ball. The night life is great and they have some fab restaurants. We stayed in the Marina Suites they are lovely lovely apartments, very clean and the pool was just amazing. We booked it with Budget travel so maybe go online and have a look. HTH :wv
yankiecandle Posts: 2888
How about Portofino on the italian riviera? Hotel Splendido is fab!!!
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Italy is amazing - you could look at Sorrento, Amalfi Coast - maybe a trip to Sardinia etc!!!!
Gummiebear Posts: 2911
We were looking at honeymoons further away but it was just coming in too dear for us to justify payin it for just the two of us!!! So we are going to Maspalomas in Gran Canaria and are staying in Hotel costa meloneras!!! We have been here before (country not hotel) and sun is 99% guaranteed and that area is quieter than others on the island!!! We are putting money by to take kids to florida next year so this suits us just fine!!! HTH :wv :wv :wv
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Hi Annie30 Check out this link for Almyra Hotel in Cyprus, we stayed here for a week and it was absolute bliss. Hotel Accommodation, service & food was fantastic and nightlife is within walking distance. Shopping was good to. I would highly recommend it for a honeymoon destination.
bridezilly Posts: 343
cyprus is fab, beaches to die for ! some great hotels on outskirts of ayia napa and in limassol and when we were there did a 3 day cruise to egypt and was cool !
mayday1 Posts: 219
French Riviera maybe. We are going to Cannes for 7 days after the wedding in May.