short luteul phase

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

elfen Posts: 244
Hi Girls, Well have read my copy of TCOYF back to back and found it great... took about a week to come from play.com Have read there that a short luteul phase can hamper conceiving. I seem ( so far) to have a 13 day LP, woudl you consier this short? Have been charting for last 2 months in preparation for TTC in next couple of months. So far have O'd day 15 of 28 day cycle and day 14 of 27 day cycle. Just want to add that this forum is excellent and a wealth of info, all you girls seem really friendly. Its great knowing people are going through similar things to yourself. Thanks for any replies.... Elfen
Mrs. Taz Posts: 1216
Hi Elfen, From browsing sites re: TTC a short LP is considered to be 10 days or less regulary. [quote:14sgc7zt]The luteal phase is the time from ovulation to the next period. It is typically 10-16 days in length, but it is usually fairly consistent in length for an individual woman, differing by no more than 1 or 2 days from cycle to cycle. [/quote:14sgc7zt] Best of luck TTC, ye the gang here are brilliant ;)
Sart Posts: 441
13 days is fine. Mine is only 14 days and I got preg easily enough! It has been known to conceive with a lp of 9 days - very rare but its happened. You'll be fine with 13 days. One way of extending it is to take a vit B complex every day. In about 2/ 3 months you should notice your lp being longer. best of luck.
bellabella Posts: 2750
Hi elfen, I am so happy the book arrived. I told you its great I order books all the time.Keep an eye out for the sales.They will email you anyway, Best of luck bella
jellybaby Posts: 2316
Hi elfen, As others have said, less than 10 days is considered to be a short LP. I also have a 13 day LP, and conceived relatively easily. Best of luck ;)
elfen Posts: 244
Thanks Guys ..... sometime you just need to hear it from others befor eyou believe it your self.
tasket Posts: 306
Hi elfen, 13 days is grand, mine was 9 and I conceived the 2nd cycle off Nuvaring. Best of luck!!