Short Prayer/Poem for deceased brother for Ceremony

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mammyof2Princesses Posts: 3745
hi girls H2B's brother died 17 years ago and were looking for a short prayer/poem for his sister to read out as one of the prayers of the faithful - has anyone anything they think might be suitable? thanks a mill!!
Milly83 Posts: 3620
Hey DB H2B's sister dies 7 years ago and we are going to be putting her in the prayers of the faithful. Haven't really talked to him about it yet but was thinking: We pray for those who could not be with us today especially H2B's sister. She is always in our thoughts and we pray that she is with us in spirit today. Lord hear us
thanks for that Golden bride were using : Although death has separated us physically, faith and love have bound us eternally. Though we cannot see you, we know you are here. Though we cannot touch you, we feel the warmth of your smile as we begin a new chapter in our lives. Lord hear us. All: Lord Graciously Hear us for my nana so wanted something kind of like this for H2B's brother - its sooo hard to find anything though!! O:| O:|
That's lovely. I might use that if you don't mind. I have a question for you about this actually. There have been a few people that have died, uncles, grandparets etc. But this is his sister. Is it right to single her out and just have a general poem for everyone else? Might have what I said at the start of the prayer and then that poem.. What do you think?
yeah work away!! *) we didnt write it anyway :o0 dont know where i found it...i actually think it might have been on here!! i would definetly single her out - we're just doing a special one for my nana and H2B's brother - we'd be doing an alter list of the dead otherwise!! :o0 oh God that sounds terrible doesnt it!! *)
Just asked H2B about it and he said that he is not going to do it. He is going to be mentioning her in his speech so he doesn't want her to stand out too much. It would probably upset a lot of people and he doesn't want that. Completely understand. Just going to do a general one for everyone.
Well once your H2B is happy with that then thats the main thing - i just found that and i thought it would be perfect for my nana - just gotta keep searching for one for H2B's brother now!!
Kit De Luca Posts: 33
I'm in a similar situation, my mam died when I was very young. I wanted to remember her without barking on about it too much incase anyone got upset or annoyed. When we were at our pre marriage course recently the priest gave me the idea of lighting a candle for the person who is missing. I'm going to light a candle to symbolise mam's presence on the day so I know she's watching. Maybe something like this would be suitable in your situation too. It's subtle but meaningful to you and your H2B. *)
ah thanks for that elle!! :thnk
KGB Posts: 102
My brother died 4 years ago and it's still very raw. I plan on lighting a candle for him when we are lighting our own candle. I also plan on mentioning his name in the prayers of the faithful. While I'm all for not having a list of the dead and not having them stand out too much, he is my brother after all and he would have been one of the groomsmen. I know he wouldn't want us upset on the day and he'll be in the back of everyones mind so no harm in mentioning him a few times. If I can get it together at all, I'll propose a toast to him during the speeches.