Should I be having period like feeling at this stage?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mumslove Posts: 528
Im 15 weeks and the past week Ive been having that feeling you get when my Periods are on their way. I havent had this all through the pregnancy. I understand you do have this feeling through your first pregnancy as its the womb expanding or whatever but since its my 2nd it has me a little worried. Ive been having the butterfly and bubble feelings in my stomach the past 2 weeks Id say but I dont remember having any since about friday. Should I be worried?
petunia Posts: 1626
Hi Skertl, is it that dull achy kind of feeling your having? I had this briefly early on myself and I think it must have been part of the stretching process. Its unnerving alright. Maybe you could give your gp a buzz or the vhi helpline if you're a member, they might be able to put your mind at rest
walkingwollie Posts: 3344
I've had these pains pretty much all the way through.. baby moves a lot and had a scan last Tues and baby is growing well. 15 weeks is [b:2jtiv8nr]very[/b:2jtiv8nr] early to be tracking movement and it takes a long while before you can measure baby's wellbeing through movements as they don't have a pattern for ages and they're so light when they're small that you are only noticing massive movement inside you, you still can't feel all its movements? Best thing to do is talk to your care providers and explain your concerns - they will be able to offer you true reassurance. Also, if it's getting worse there's no harm checking it out..
MINI DONKEY Posts: 2499
Skertl I posted on this last wk. I had period cramps low down for 4 days. I rang the hosp and they told me they were fine, just stretching pains....