Should I contact hosptial? - UPDATE

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

newyearbabs Posts: 686
I don't want to be a drama queen or annoy the hospital but since sunday I've been get back pains down there when I stand or walk its like a stabbing pain up my 'lady bits' and its getting worse. Also my hand keep going numb with pin & needles, when the pins & needles wear off they are really sore. Anyone get this or have any advice?
mumof2 Posts: 3864
Have no advice on what I think it is but I would certainly go if only for piece of mind - in the book 'what to expect' pins and needles are mentioned as one of the side effects of pregnancy so I wouldn't worry too much
sally Posts: 1140
I generally give the hosptial a ring if anything happens thats a bit odd, its no harm. My attitude is no matter if I feel foolish ringing its my job to keep my baby healthy so I do it for her not for me. They are always very helpful and nice.
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi nyb i have been getting pains down there for the last week or so, i think its from the baby's head engaging. When i stand up i get shooting pains inside and a pressure on my bladder. I read in "What to expect..." that pins and needles are common in late pregnancy, i do get them at night in my hand it goes numb but it isnt sore afterwards so i dont know about that. Perhaps give GP a call and see.
MrsHawaii05 Posts: 488
Sounds like SPD to me, the stabbing pains bit, i had this from 25 wks no baby 1 and it s torture childbirth gets rid of it
Sassy Posts: 2269
I started to get pain down below yesterday and it was quite sharpe. Stopped me in my tracks. Anyway contacted my consultant and he was saying that because the babys head is down some times if the baby moves it makes the vigina contract with can cause this pain. Its quite normal. Find today its still there plus alot of pressure. Feel like i'm walking like john wayne :o0 :o0
Sassy Posts: 2269
Ment to say that i would contact the hospital just to put your mind at ease.
bluebell07 Posts: 182
Yeah contact the labour ward - was told at my last hosp appt to contact the labour ward for any reason even if it's just to ask a question anytime from now and the midwives will have no problem trying to help.... That's what they're there for I guess - to ease our minds and if there is a problem then they'll know what the next step is..... :wv
bluebell07 Posts: 182
Yeah contact the labour ward - was told at my last hosp appt to contact the labour ward for any reason even if it's just to ask a question anytime from now and the midwives will have no problem trying to help.... That's what they're there for I guess - to ease our minds and if there is a problem then they'll know what the next step is..... :wv
newyearbabs Posts: 686
Thanks for all the replies girls. I was able to get appointment with GP yesterday afternoon so went there. Everything was fine with queries I had re pains 'down there' she said it was head coming down and maybe hitting a nerve. Also pins and needles are just part of pregnancy - capa tunnel sydrome (sp). SO that was grand I was happy with that. She then ended up doing a urine test which showed up a very high level of sugar in my urine so I ended up in holles street anyway!!! I'm going to post about this because they think I have gestantional diabetes.