Should I feel kicking at 18 weeks?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mama2b! Posts: 131
I'm 18 wks tomorrow and am not feeling definate kicks yet. I did have gurgling and swirling in my tum a few weeks ago but it's not as frequent and I don't know what i'm feeling now!! I was on a 6 hr plane trip 2 weeks ago on holidays but the doc gave me the all clear and everything was fine but now i'm paranoid if may have harmed the baby.... My book says it's normally 18-22 weeks so maybe i'm worrying for nothing!?? Help!
Emme Posts: 4735
Hiya, yeah I think you're worrying for nothing. I felt definite kicks somewhere between 19 and 20 weeks, up to that it was like having a hungry belly! First kicks are amazing, enjoy them! Emme
hipbaby Posts: 4530
I wouldn't worry I was obsessed about feeling movement and my obs said not until at least 20 weeks. Right on the weekend I was 20 weeks I felt my first kick :lvs www.hipbaby.ie
coconut Posts: 2183
i am only starting to feel kicks the last few days and it is a night when i am in bed!
Dora the explorer Posts: 1570
relax it can be nearer the 22 weeks especially on your first pregnancy
mrs.july Posts: 3167
I'm 21 weeks tomorrow and haven't even felt a flutter yet!! Have belly weight and also when listening to babs on Doppler the heartbeat is much much fainter from the front so hoping it's just placenta getting in the way!!
babybuttons Posts: 886
dont be worrying everyone is different. im 19 weeks today :o)ll and still nothing. i thought i felt movement last week but havent felt it since or not sure if its definete movement or not. not going to worry about it as baby will kick when s/he wants to. if you are really worried I'm sure your doc will listen to heartbeat for you.
Emomc Posts: 2069
Was around 23-24 weeks for me (first baby). Non stop at moment!
brunette Posts: 234
Im the same. Desperate to feel something definite. I have these noises and feelings but not sure if its the baby, hunger or wind!!