Should i go for civil service assessment?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Carmen Posts: 510
As you know i am pregnant but i also applied for the recent civil service competition. I have been called for an assessment and i know the chances of actually getting a job at the end of it is slim but is it bad form to go for a job when you are pregnant and may not be able to take up post for a while or will have to go on maternity leave? I have 2 weeks to decide what to do!!
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Go go go. I was in the same position. I applied for the post, got my BFP, got called for the first round assessment. I went and hopefully I'll get a call back for the second round. I did not tell anybody I was pregnant (I actually haven't spoke to anybody yet). I don't think I'll be telling them at the interview stage either. I really have to get this job and I'm not giving them an opportunity to turn me down because I'll have to go on maternity leave at the end of the year.
Corks Posts: 355
Hi, Go for it. I work in the public sectoer and have seen loads of people going for positions and getting them and not starting until after their maternity leave.........
Carmen Posts: 510
Thanks for that girls. I wont feel so bad about going for it now. Mrs Gobnaith, best of luck with it and fingers crossed we both get the jobs we want!
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Best of luck to you Carmen. THis job is 10 mins from the house so I really really want it.