should I go on the pill??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

atracta Posts: 120
Girls I'm getting married next month and hoping to start ttc next September. At the moment we are not using any form of contraception only condoms. As I hate these I was considering going on the pill now to get me over the wedding and honeymoon. I'm a bit afraid that it will take ages to get my cycle back to normal after using it as I really would love to get pregnant before the year is out. What do you think? Do you think that it would be a bad idea?
Elliecat Posts: 2725
I wouldn't bother going on the pill at this stage if you are already used to using condoms. I cam off the pill at Christmas and still haven't had a period so it can definitely take a while for your cycle to settle down again.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Don't bother let nature take its course
atracta Posts: 120
both of us hate condoms but it seems the only option at the moment. Is their anything else that we could try that wouldn't interfere with my cycle? We really want to start ttc in the late summer.does the coil or cap interfere with your hormones?
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I think you can only get a coil inserted once you have had a baby,I could be wrong though
sally Posts: 1140
Maybe try the diaphragm.... its meant to be a little awkward though and not 100% reliable.... I asked my doc about it once and she said 'How much of a disaster would it be if you got pregnant' and at the time I was much younger and didnt want to be so she advised against it. I wouldnt go on the pill, its taking me ages to come back to normal after stopping.