Menu

Should I invite her??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Roseymum Posts: 10
Removing Post.. thannks
Nostress Posts: 1606
Why would you invite someone you don't like? I wouldn't even consider it even if there were a few says of weirdness after the wedding. They are expensive enough and the day is to be enjoyed, not spending extra money and wondering what snide remarks are being made
MrsAmy Posts: 983
I definitely wouldn't! I agree with the above poster... weddings are for family and friends... not just some woman who sits with you on lunch in work! Don't be asking someone you don't even like!!
Rosewater Posts: 372
Personally I wouldn't invite someone like that. It is you day and you want real friends there, not just lunch time "friends" you may not see outside of work. But if you invited her on your hen, she may presume that she will be invited to share your day. Did she come on your hen? If so it may be difficult not to invite her.
Nostress Posts: 1606
[quote:2agfaed0]But if you invited her on your hen, she may presume that she will be invited to share your day. Did she come on your hen? If so it may be difficult not to invite her.[/quote:2agfaed0] Really? I have 6 on my hens list out of 30 that are invited to the wedding.... Hens are a bit of fun where people pay there own way and it's not the most special day of your life. Obviously people on the hens are friends but they don't have to be the closest of friends. Your wedding is; so hence the people invited should reflect this and should be special to the bride & groom
Bride2be040812 Posts: 1182
If she was invited to the hen then I would invite her to the wedding. Sure if she didnt go to the hen then its unlikely that she'll go to the wedding. But at least you'll have covered yourself and it could never be thrown back at you. At the end of the day, even if she does go I'm sure she wont cost you a second thought on the day!!
Roseymum Posts: 10
niftythrifty Posts: 256
[quote="Bride2be040812":7pkcpoer]If she was invited to the hen then I would invite her to the wedding. Sure if she didnt go to the hen then its unlikely that she'll go to the wedding. But at least you'll have covered yourself and it could never be thrown back at you. At the end of the day, even if she does go I'm sure she wont cost you a second thought on the day!![/quote:7pkcpoer] +1