Should i stick with my colour scheme?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

*Lexi* Posts: 2600
hi :wv really appreciate any advice here guys...getting married in greece next july and have a colour scheme in mind ive talked it through with sisters/mam and everyone likes it but im not sure...bear with me the present colour scheme is me in a grecian style white dress-no beading no sequins etc..flat gold thong sandals and dangly gold earrings (not common ones :o0 ) just a laid back bohemian look bridesmaids are tourquise and h2b and ds in white linen suits with tourquise shirts.dd will be in a plain white dress with gold sandals also.my hair will be loose and wavy but have being thinking of going for a lace dress as i have always set my heart on one with red lips and flowers and putting the bridesmaids in red and putting black suits with a white shirt and a red rose buttonhole on the men... i dont know what to do i appreciate any input or opinions :thnk
xprincessbridex Posts: 29
i like the red colours more... mam would kill me for saying it but i do... haha :wv [/i]
whos gonna break it to her so :o0
early days Posts: 691
Don't we all wish we could have 3 or 4 weddings just to have one of each theme so we wouldnt have to pick just one :o0 the red one would look fab in photos alright but I'd have a bit of sympathy for the lads all in black suits in Greece in July.
you. :ooh
[quote="xprincessbridex":2ct6lg27]you. :ooh[/quote:2ct6lg27] if u loved me ud do it :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 sweeties i know thats what id be worried about too it would be around 5 so maybe not as hot as earlier in the day >:o)
[i:2ecy1jt0]yeah thats a good point about the heat haha the reds would be lovely if u decided to have the wedding in ireland[/i:2ecy1jt0]
pudge Posts: 192
Thiink your boho style wedding scheme sounds lovely and different, appropriate for the setting etc. The red one sounds ok but maybe a bit stiff and formal for the setting? However you could still wear lace and blend that into your original scheme, just a thought
this is the dress that im looking at if i went for the red theme but just wondering though could i wear it with the gold sandals and earrings? [img:oaajn017]http://www.bestbridalprices.com/images/morilee/spring09/br/2315.jpg[/img:oaajn017]
oddwire Posts: 842
I agree with romebride09, think for the setting the relaxed look would work much better. But then maybe that's just my taste - I had a pretty informal dress with bridesmaids in turquoise...