Should we have a pregnancy loss forum?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sphynx Posts: 6795
Hey girls - now that we have a new TTC forum, do you think we should also have a pregnancy loss forum in the new P&B section?
swissgirl Posts: 2301
Ive actually voted no, which I know sounds strange, the support Ive found on this forum has been phenonmal. I do think the lost angels thread should be a sticky (as should the TTC with assistance/>12 months thread). I believe between that thread and the TTC forum all the support is still available to the mammys who've lost angels? Do you think? x
Good point swissgirl - maybe we are in danger of being divided up into too many sections. Not sure myself what I think but both those threads should at least be stickies.
bellabella Posts: 2750
I agree with Sphynx and Swissgirl. i am really sad and i hope it doesn't cause a divide but i can't see how it won't. :o(
mammybean Posts: 10364
i voted yes. obvious reasons - when i had my last mc itook 6 weeks of from wol as i felt the was no where iwanted to post and being in p&b broe my heart - as happy as you are for others its still so sad foy you. now that i am pregnant again i find the stories scare me, even though i have been through it more than enough times i still find i sometimes try to avoid the threads with bad news. you will notice i have been mostly missing form the lost angels thread since i found out, i will go back there but not til i feel more reassured about this little one i think those who have suffered deserves a forum they can go in to without seeing bfps flying all over the show just how i feel
[quote="Beanies girl":3hseyp0i] i think those who have suffered deserves a forum they can go in to without seeing bfps flying all over the show [/quote:3hseyp0i] That's true - and maybe those enjoying the fresh excitement of a first pregnancy don't need to hear so many sad stories of losses.
mama sugar Posts: 1387
I voted yes. I could never imagine the pain someone goes through when they loose their little angel and people announcing their pregnancy or having to look at tickers would be heartbreaking for many.....alot of ladies when they loose their babs they feel they have to disapear from the p & b section as it is too painfull but with a forum especially to get support from others would help..... however I don't think ttc should have a seperate forum it splits us all. Us mammies to be would miss you all and be all on our lonesum x
mammybean Posts: 10364
god pregnant wollys dont want it split nor do the TTC wollys. i dont see the sense
clucky Posts: 26471
i voted yes
lal Posts: 403
I vote yes. There's nothing to stop people posting in P&G aswell as any new forum if they feel they wanted the support of those still pregnant or on their second pregnancy after a loss. All a new forum would do is give people the opportunity not to have to deal with the contents of the P&G forum if they don't want to. Thats my tuppence worth anyway x