Menu

Shoulder pain during pregnancy? Bad sign?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Duffers Posts: 1841
I'm torturing myself here. I've a terrible pain in my right shoulder and am fearing the worst. Read it can be a bad sign during pregnancy. I've it all day and remember reading something about it before so went looking in a pregnancy book and it said to consult your doctor. But don't know if it's just related to ectopic pregnancies. Haven't had my hospital app yet. What should I do? Can't sleep now. I'm staying away from google & not going to even start looking up anything!
BipsyBoo Posts: 1534
Never heard about this but just wanted to say that I hope you're OK. Try not to worry too much as it could be anything. Get some rest and go to the doc if it doesn't improve. I had all sorts of aches and pains when I was expecting my LO and she arrived perfectly safe and sound :action32
kaifer Posts: 236
mrslegolas, how sore is it? I've had pain that comes and goes over the last couple of days but it's not too sore, I actually think it's just trapped wind with me (I've had an early scan so know it's not ectopic) How far along are you? I read that ectopics always present by 8 weeks so if you are farther along than that it wouldn't be likely. If you are at all worried though you should maybe call the hospital? Hope it all works out ok :thnk
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
[quote="mrslegolas":jccvl9so]I'm torturing myself here. I've a terrible pain in my right shoulder and am fearing the worst. Read it can be a bad sign during pregnancy. I've it all day and remember reading something about it before so went looking in a pregnancy book and it said to consult your doctor. But don't know if it's just related to ectopic pregnancies. Haven't had my hospital app yet. What should I do? Can't sleep now. I'm staying away from google & not going to even start looking up anything![/quote:jccvl9so] i just googled it. the reason the shoulder hurts would cause lots of other symptoms too. iykwim. do you have any other symptoms going on at the moment?? where are you in your preganancy? i would advise you to ring the hospital in the morning. they may be able to advise you better.
[quote="PrivateDancer":1ydtcpv4] i just googled it. the reason the shoulder hurts would cause lots of other symptoms too. iykwim. do you have any other symptoms going on at the moment?? where are you in your preganancy?[/quote:1ydtcpv4] PrivateDancer...Ive deliberately stayed away from Google coz it can be dangerous when you're worried about something. :o0 Not feeling too bad today..still sore but not as obvious IYKWIM. Ya Ive pain in my lower tummy too, more sporadic than constant and its kind of a soreness instead of cramps. Its prob just muscles etc. I certainly didnt have this with DS. (he's not a year yet). Im 13w3d. Should I just ring my hosp in the morning of my GP? Ya Maggs, certainly dont think its ectopic. Didnt know if that kind of pain was associated with m/c or ectopic only. Thanks for the replies girls :thnk
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
[quote="mrslegolas":3tfq5tpo][quote="PrivateDancer":3tfq5tpo] i just googled it. the reason the shoulder hurts would cause lots of other symptoms too. iykwim. do you have any other symptoms going on at the moment?? where are you in your preganancy?[/quote:3tfq5tpo] PrivateDancer...Ive deliberately stayed away from Google coz it can be dangerous when you're worried about something. :o0 Not feeling too bad today..still sore but not as obvious IYKWIM. Ya Ive pain in my lower tummy too, more sporadic than constant and its kind of a soreness instead of cramps. Its prob just muscles etc. I certainly didnt have this with DS. (he's not a year yet). Im 13w3d. Should I just ring my hosp in the morning of my GP? Ya Maggs, certainly dont think its ectopic. Didnt know if that kind of pain was associated with m/c or ectopic only. Thanks for the replies girls :thnk[/quote:3tfq5tpo] i tend to stay away too but im a nurse and can generally rationalise symptoms for myself anyway. i think if an ectopic got to the stage of shoulder pain, you would feel very unwell with it too. i do think you should ring the hospital. the gp wont be able to do a scan and the hosp might get you in for an early one. isnt there an early pregnancy unit? im only starting ttc so not 100% on some things!! let us know how you get on :thnk
My GP has a small scan machine, it was she who confirmed the pregnancy so would have detected an ectopic sooner like at 8 weeks? So not worried about that really. Id say im overreacting and just pulled something. If it gets worse ill go to my GP and let ye know how I get on. Thanks a mil PrivateDancer :thnk Best of luck on your TTC journey and hope it'll be a short one! :babydust: :babydust:
Gingham Posts: 3014
mrslegolas- could it be from lifting your ds? Is it on the side you would carry him? The muscles in my upper right side, arm and ribs are very achey and sore at the moment and its from carrying ds around..he is a tonne weight...I try and hold him on the left side now but have noticed that is getting abit achey now aswell...!The right side would be my stonger side... I would say it would of been detected earliar if it was an ectopic..