Show of blood....what to do

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jmeath Posts: 5740
Hi girls, i see your all off li at the mo!!! Just my luck! Went to bed bout 11pm and have been twisting and turning (have a cold and sneezing and coughing alot)...woke up bout an hour ago cheeks burning (not a temp) and really thursty so DH was on his way to bed and brought me up some drink, had a sup and i felt so sick...babs was going mental for a good 15mins....usually i dont feel much movement when i wake during the night or reaction to drinks or anything...anyhow went to the loo for a pee (sorry...) and when i wiped i saw a slight discolour (barely any) so wiped again and had a spot of blood...not a mucusy show or bloody discharge, it was litterally a spot on the tissue....sat for 3 or 4mins and wiped again and there was another tiny line (fairly tiny)....i just sat in the bathroom. Its the very first bit of any type of blood ive seen durinmy pregnancy...we were walking around a couple of shops today and i found it very uncomfortable and had alot of pressure compared to what ive had so far....what should i do?
Quick update...rang labour ward jsut iincase....they said "it very well may be the start of soemthing" and to keep an eye over the next hour or so!! I was laughing and i said "oh god...now im scared" and she laughed and said "too late to cancel now"...well i went into a git of giggles!!!!
mrsroo Posts: 537
hi jmeath, hope youre ok. thats how my 1st labour too, by the morning i had a proper show. your right there is no turning back now..lol. hope you got some sleep last night so youre nice and rested! take care :wv
charliesangel Posts: 2106
oh fingers crossed for you :thnk
UndercoverBride Posts: 110
oh my god jmeath that's so exciting :o)ll :o)ll Any more news?
mrsodo Posts: 1292
Hi Jmeath, sounds like the start of things for you, that's so exciting :o)ll Keep us posted on how you're doing. :lvs
Well girls, i think it maybe have been a false alarm... no more blood, no contractions....maybe god was giving me a test of what "D day" is going to feel like...i lay awake until 4.30 going "ok ironing will have to go to the laundrette, mam can get her cleaner up for a couple of hours, DH will have to wash the bedcovers coz i want the nice ones on when i get home"!!! :o0 :o0 i rang the hospital this morning just to make sure i didnt have t obe checked and they said not unless theres any more blood....its mad...i honestly did think that at this very moment id be in hospital not at home making dinner!!!! :o0 PS: have small period cramps since i went back to bed but sure its prob nothing!
Fifi Trixibelle Posts: 472
Oh jmeath - it could be the start of something!! How exciting!!! :o)ll
:-( all gone away.... now i want something to happen!!! :o0
Joleigh Posts: 4242
I'd say if you were walking around the shops a good bit and felt pressure it could have been the head engaging, and the pressure might have caused a tiny bleed. I had loads of pressure pains 2 weeks ago and was convinced something was starting but then they went away. Try to forget about it (easier said than done I know), cos if its not the start of something then you'll be on edge for the next few weeks and on "knicker watch" everytime you go to the loo! I'm due tomorrow and waiting on something to happen and you can drive yourself around the bend watching and waiting and trying to diagnose every twinge. Let us know if anything does happen though! x