Sick Leave - rant!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Girls, I'm so cross, have to get this out of system......... I have been working for the same company for 6 years, and in that time I have had 4 sick days. My due date is 15 Sep, and ML starts on 3 Sept. My consultant has said he will not let me go to my due date, as there was a big dicrepency with my dates on last pregnacy and DD was stillborn. So he will be inducing me at 38 weeks (give or take a few days). So I have now 2 full weeks left to work. I have just been promoted, and the only other person who can cover my job is on 2 weeks hols starting tomorrow. I am finding the going tough recently and at my appt tomorrow am going to ask for a cert for the next 2 weeks. I have made manager aware of the fact that I may not be physically able to work up til ML starts. TBH I'm surprised at myself (as are most of my colleagues) that I'm still at work at all. Anyaway, I am sort of being made to feel guilty regarding the possibility of finishing early! I'm so mad because its not my fault there is no cover for my job - its not my resposibility to organise that. In fairness I could go into labour early, so surely job should have had a Plan B just in case. The guys at work constantly have Mondayitis, and call in with hangovers but I genuinely need time off now. I'm a fool for caring, but I do take pride in my job, I just hate feeling bad about this, when my main concern should be my health. Mothers at work today are undervalued! O:| Sorry - rant over, will give you update tomorrow!
ginger nut Posts: 5989
desert-moon - the person you need to be thinking about now is you and your baby - that's your first responsibility (although i am sure you don't need me to tell you that - please don't feel like i'm talking down to you or anything :o( ).....if you aren't up to working then you need to take the time off - and you shouldn't feel guilty about it (or be made to feel guilty about it). Take care x
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Well, I asked the doctor for a cert. I'm just not able for work anymore, and there's no point being a martyr about it. I finish on Wednesday! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I asked for an estimated weight while there - he seemed reluctant to say, but he estimates that at present baby is 8-9 lbs!!! :ooh :ooh At least thats a good reason why none of my clothes fit, and I can't find any in shops big enough either!
ginger nut Posts: 5989
glad to hear it desert-moon - now take care of yourself and good luck when the "big day" arrives x
NotHere Posts: 10273
Agree totally with Ginger, you look after yourself and your baby. They can't sack you for leaving on sick leave, and it's not like you're faking it. Enjoy your time before babs comes! :wv
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:1ucah47m]Wow, your lil bundle of joy is already 8-9lbs!!! :eek I'm delighted for you you finish up on Wednesday!!! [/color:1ucah47m] :o)ll
chilledout Posts: 834
That's great you're finishing up work. as the others said you and your baby are your priority now. Forget about work. Take it easy and best of luck!
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Brillent just 2 days left....im the same going to reduce my hours and if he doesnt like it I will leave completely,our babies are more important Best of luck and keep in touch won't you :o)ll :o)ll