Menu

Sickness and Hunger all of the time!!!!!!!!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Little Miss Hopeful Posts: 1193
HI girls i'm 11 weeks pregnant and just wondering has anyone any tips - basically I'm nauseous all of the time and I keep getting hungry which makes my sickness worse. I'm eating all of the time and even in the middle of the night i wake up with hunger pangs and if i don't eat i'm am retching. I just cant cope with the lack of sleep and am getting so sick of eating toast/ceral in the middle of the night. I had a new plan of having a bowl of porridge before bed and it still is not keeping me full. any tips please - help me - I'm spending a good half of my day eating and i'm sick of it.
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
Little Miss Hopeful, I sort of had this at the start although not to your extent. I would feel nauseous, then I'd feel hungry so I'd eat to help the nausea but then would find myself in a vicious circle. Food would make me feel better for a while but then I'd feel nauseous again, then I'd eat again etc etc! What I found helped me was eating little & often & only eating bland foods. Whatever your body craves or wants just have it even if it's not the healthiest. If it makes you feel a bit better that's all that matters at the moment. You'll have plenty of time in the pregnancy to eat healthy foods like fruit & veg. Best of luck & I hope it subsides soon coz I know how yucky it is. :wv
tilsun Posts: 4506
Hi I don't feel too much nausea but it does come if I let myself get hungry. Hence, like you I'm eating non-stop and already look 5 months pregnant :o0 The only advice I can share is to eat high fibre slow energy release foods. I'm eating a lot of McCambridge brown bread, weetabix, brown rice/pasta with veg, Nature's Own cereal bars, Special K bites (not sure if that's what they're called) I do wake with gas and hunger during the night but luckily drinking seems to help. so I only rarely eat a biscuit or two. In fact, drinking water or weak tea can kill off some of the hunger pangs during the day too.
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
I'm only 6 weeks pregnant, don't think I'm hungry all time but I am eating all the time as I find the only time I don't feel sick is just after I have eaten something.
Skippy Posts: 1834
LMH I know how it is, 10 wks pregnant and I am like you most days. The only tip I have is to bring some bread and butter to bed with you so you don't have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the kitchen. Also i'd reccomend going to your chemist and getting some wrist bands called sea bands. They put pressure on your inner wrist and help with the nausea, they don't always work but when they do its' great! Sorry I don't have anymore tips. This is my 2nd pregnancy and all I know is the MS does come to an end so hang in there! (like you have any other choice anyway!)
Little Miss Hopeful Posts: 1193
:wv
mrsodo Posts: 1292
Hi LMH, I had nausea up until about week 13 and during the entire time I couldn't face any cooked food or anything that smelt really strong. I didn't try to fight it so I lived on sandwiches and salads for those couple of months, but I made sure I got plenty of the right foods in those meals. I was hungry all the time as well and that lasted until I was about 16-17 weeks, I've never eaten so much fruit in my life! Sometimes I eat 10 pieces of fruit in work alone! But it satisfied my need to be eating, and as I have a really sweet tooth, it helped my need for a sugar fix as well, especially grapes. I felt I could eat as much as I wanted without having to worry about putting on too much weight. Hope you feel better soon! :wv