Signature Portrait

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sept_bride08 Posts: 220
Hi girls, We're having a signature portrait at our wedding which will either be displayed on a table or hung on the wall. Im just wondering for those that had one, did you do up a nice sign to put under it? And how exactly did you word it? Or did you just leave it and pass the word around to people what to do?
ros09 Posts: 1923
i was at a wedding recently where they had it laid out on a table just outside the main reception room and people were signing it on the way in to the meal!
lexie Posts: 181
Sept_bride08 I want to do this too, i have the photograph just dont know where to start to get it to a signature portrait?? Loved Coleen and Waynes one, what did you do or where did you get it done? Is it just a mounting that gets signed or what? Think it will be a fab keepsake.
[quote="lexie":2w9qkvmn]Sept_bride08 I want to do this too, i have the photograph just dont know where to start to get it to a signature portrait?? Loved Coleen and Waynes one, what did you do or where did you get it done? Is it just a mounting that gets signed or what? Think it will be a fab keepsake.[/quote:2w9qkvmn] Our photographer took a couple of pictures of us, then after we picked the one we liked he gets it framed. The boarder should be quite big around the photo so people can sign it or leave messages for you. Then after the wedding you get the glass put on!
mrswildrogue Posts: 1739
This was at my friend's wedding and hope to do it for mine and H2B. It's a great idea and something you will always have fromthe day and can look at people's messages years later :o)ll
Bright Star Posts: 756
Hey girls, im just a bit confused i would love this too but is the photo in place while writing & messages are being left??or just the mount around photo and later you choose a wedding photo to put around it and get it frame???? sorry just a bit lost about this. :wv
No its not a wedding photo at all. We went to our photographers studio where he tooks lots of photos of us, just laughing, smiling, all very natural. Not cheesy at all. The one we picked is lovely, im sitting and my H2B is behind me with his arms around me, its a close up and my engement ring is on show...really nicely done! This is then framed (without the glass on) and displayed at the reception on a table.
Bright Star Posts: 756
O right i see...think i may have left it too late to egt done though wedding is 2 weeks :wv
[quote="Bright Star":lnehhzmj]O right i see...think i may have left it too late to egt done though wedding is 2 weeks :wv[/quote:lnehhzmj] We're the same day and we only got ours done over the weekend! If you want to do it, i'd say you'll have time!