SIL really pi**ing me off!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lashofeye Posts: 50
Hi Just letting off some steam. Where do I start!!! O:| SIL does my head in. Its loads of things like 1) They have no money as she REFUSED TO go back to work after having baby no 1. Husbands wages were cut big time , and she has used her dole allowance, so they are short every month.Still refused to work even though she has no money coming in each week!!!! 2) Baby number 2 is due next week. They went private yet are struggling with bill, debts etc Had to borrow money from family to pay Health insurance bill.!! 3) MIL feels sorry for them she always lends them money, buys things for kid no 1 when there are out (Thinks we don't know) 4)Is spending about 250 to 300 on kid no 1 christmas, again even though they are broke!!! 5) Bought kid no 1 a bed recently and it cost about 400!!!! O:| 6) Went to disney last christmas for family holiday( Mil paid a good chunck of it!!) 7) Gave them a loan of 20,000 for house as they needed it to get mortgage HAS NOT PAID A CENT BACK, 8) We have our owe wee little girl and it not fair that they get so much handed to them 9) MIL always say we would so the same for you.Ya ,when? and we would never ask any ways. I know it tough in these time but get a freking job!!!!! O:|
Jacqueline Hyde Posts: 1145
I know you're letting off steam and that's needed every now and then but i don't see how any of the above has any bearing on you. Let her off. It's not your business, it hers and her husbands. Try ignore it.
SookieStackhouse Posts: 3135
[quote="babybubbles":385ljmas]I know you're letting off steam and that's needed every now and then but i don't see how any of the above has any bearing on you. Let her off. It's not your business, it hers and her husbands. Try ignore it.[/quote:385ljmas] I have to agree....I wouldn't begrudge the child a new bed or a few toys... and while it might look to you like she refused to go back to work i'm sure it might look like i've done the same to some of my in laws as i'm a SAHM but i'd be mortified if they thought like that, it was a joint decision me and my husband both made. FIL also helped out BIL and SIL with deposits when they were buying their houses, no such offer was ever made to us or other SIL but times have changed since then, so I wouldn't expect it from him. Things like the holiday and her going private when she couldn't afford it would be annoying but kind of hard to see your POV on the other things. But as the other poster said, this is LOS so we're allowed our rants on here without being judged.
Jawl Posts: 8881
If your MIL is happy to bail her out, that's her business. I know you say you wouldn't ask, but who would you rather be? The one who keeps needing to be bailed or out, or who you are now? :)
Roxanne Posts: 3201
Just wondering how she's meant to get a job if she's due a baby next week?
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
[quote="Roxanne":2rz7lrcw]Just wondering how she's meant to get a job if she's due a baby next week?[/quote:2rz7lrcw] +1 and I doubt any employer would have taken her on in the previous 7 or so months knowing that shed be off for ages with mat leave...
mamasarus Posts: 831
Sounds like you've a touch of the green eye'd monster. None of this seems to have anything to do with you, apart from the loan (if you gave it to them? you don't say who gave it to them). If you was you, you shouldn't have done this for them if you are going to monitor every move they make.
me julie Posts: 368
Just wondering how she's meant to get a job if she's due a baby next week? +1 and I doubt any employer would have taken her on in the previous 7 or so months knowing that shed be off for ages with mat leave... +1 it does sound like your jealous live and let live
Sweet8 Posts: 1285
[quote="lashofeye":3d3k0h4n]Hi 7) Gave them a loan of 20,000 for house as they needed it to get mortgage HAS NOT PAID A CENT BACK, [/quote:3d3k0h4n] Did ye loan them the €20,000?
skybusgirl Posts: 518
ah now everyone this is Let off Steam, not attack OP. Whether she is right or wrong everyone is entitled to a good rant.