silent scream

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Delish Posts: 4176
does anyone else ever have a dream, where for one reason or another you are trying to scream and you have no voice. It's really horrible, I had it last night, dreamt my bedroom was being burgled and attempted to scream a few times, eventually I managed it and woke myself up. That's the first time I've actually screamed any other time I had a similar dream I would wake up, before actually letting out a scream. Awful tho , really scary :o( :o( :o(
blablablabride Posts: 489
Yep that happens to me it horrible.... I get sleep paralysis too. Its where your awake but you can't open your eyes or move its awful...... I apparently laugh alot in my sleep H2B told me.... :o0
Delish Posts: 4176
Yeah sometimes I do a bit of laughing in my sleep as well - Have always remembered my dreams and have vivid ones, hate having bad ones tho. I was totally jumpy last night, I screamed twice at shadows before I even got into bed - don't know what got into me. Hopefully will have better ones tonight - no more late night CSI for me
SaJa Posts: 4282
Ya I've had that loads of times but I also get the feeling that I can move and its really scary. I had a dream last night where there was a huge slug (bit like a snail with no shell) crawling up the back of my neck and eating into my head but I was too scared to put my hand up to check it. I eventually had to get up and shake out my hair and brush it to make sure there was nothing there. It was actually a bead of sweat running down my neck. :-8
Senorita Posts: 3413
[quote="blablablabride":3ssgxcb1]Yep that happens to me it horrible.... [b:3ssgxcb1]I get sleep paralysis too. Its where your awake but you can't open your eyes or move its awful.[/b:3ssgxcb1]..... I apparently laugh alot in my sleep H2B told me.... :o0[/quote:3ssgxcb1] I have those nightmares/wierd dreams too, alot, but sleep paralysis, thank God I have never had that. Sounds awful :o(
Mammypig Posts: 832
get this quiet a lot esp when i moved into my first house with h2b. he was working night s and i used to dream about being burgled a lot. have woke myself up from screaming and also have woke up crying. so scary
gerbil Posts: 3528
A silent scream is supposed to be a sign that you feel you are not being listened to, and that you feel you can see clearly where things are going wrong ("dangerous") but noone is hearing you when you try to explain.
Valkstar Posts: 2747
[quote="blablablabride":f3wc65fg]Yep that happens to me it horrible.... I get sleep paralysis too. Its where your awake but you can't open your eyes or move its awful...... I apparently laugh alot in my sleep H2B told me.... :o0[/quote:f3wc65fg] I get the sleep paralysis a lot too...very scary stuff. I try to talk and move but can't do either - sometimes h2b hears me making a sort of strangled groan :-8 The worst thing is the more you panic and try to move the worse it gets - I have myself trained now to calm down, tell myself it's not real and then wake up. Does anyone else have the dream within a dream thing? Sometimes I wake up and look around and see someone in the room, then realise I'm still asleep and wake up properly :eek
wooby Posts: 685
[quote="Delish":1jvxr037]does anyone else ever have a dream, where for one reason or another you are trying to scream and you have no voice. It's really horrible, I had it last night, dreamt my bedroom was being burgled and attempted to scream a few times, eventually I managed it and woke myself up. That's the first time I've actually screamed any other time I had a similar dream I would wake up, before actually letting out a scream. Awful tho , really scary :o( :o( :o([/quote:1jvxr037] yes I get them every now and then. For me it feels like there is something on my chest holding me so I cannot move, where you cannot breathe properly or scream - a sort of panic attack in your sleep.. Very frightening.. Take a few sleepers O-O tonight and you will be in the land off nod in no time
MrsJayKay Posts: 3025
[quote="Valkstar":blbqpbrf][quote="blablablabride":blbqpbrf]Yep that happens to me it horrible.... I get sleep paralysis too. Its where your awake but you can't open your eyes or move its awful...... I apparently laugh alot in my sleep H2B told me.... :o0[/quote:blbqpbrf] I get the sleep paralysis a lot too...very scary stuff. I try to talk and move but can't do either - sometimes h2b hears me making a sort of strangled groan :-8 The worst thing is the more you panic and try to move the worse it gets - I have myself trained now to calm down, tell myself it's not real and then wake up. Does anyone else have the dream within a dream thing? [b:blbqpbrf]Sometimes I wake up and look around and see someone in the room, then realise I'm still asleep and wake up properly[/b:blbqpbrf] :eek[/quote:blbqpbrf] I've had something like that once or twice. I knew it was a dream and decided that I could do whatever I wanted with no consequences but then woke up! I was rageing and tried to get back into that dream but couldn't. It would be great fun to have done loads of stuff.