Silk Flowers - Yes or No?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

23skidoo Posts: 1272
Hi Just wondering what everyone's opinions are on these. Seriously considering going for silk after getting some positive feedback about wedideas.com and it would be around €350 for this lot: bridal bouquet 3 x BM bouquets 5 x buttonholes 2 x corsages large altar arrangement 2 tall arrangements for the church unity candle holder + p&p If I only had to buy real flowers for the mam's bouquets I would save a bomb. If anyone did get silk flowers that they could post up some pic of that would be great :thnk :wv
Tic Toc Croc Posts: 3710
you might have to ask the church if they allow silk flowers reason i say this ours have specified fresh flowers only for alter arragnments
bumble Posts: 1980
You should order some samples from wedideas so that you can see them. I had ordered a selection of loose roses just so I could see what they'd look like. In the end i decided not to go ahead with wedideas .... get them to send you a few of the flowers you are thinking of getting so that you can decide.
23skidoo Posts: 1272
[quote="kerrylass83":1cydbrtt]you might have to ask the church if they allow silk flowers reason i say this ours have specified fresh flowers only for alter arragnments[/quote:1cydbrtt] That's really weird..any particular reason? Never thought they would refuse that?
gerbil Posts: 3528
[quote="23skidoo":lo0ynntq][quote="kerrylass83":lo0ynntq]you might have to ask the church if they allow silk flowers reason i say this ours have specified fresh flowers only for alter arragnments[/quote:lo0ynntq] That's really weird..any particular reason? Never thought they would refuse that?[/quote:lo0ynntq] Solution to that is to provide the silk flowers arrangement and take them with you. if the church don;t want them, ise them in your reception. We're having bouquets etc in silk and church arrangements in fresh flowers but tbh i want to take the arrangements with me anyway. churches rarely appreciate them !
garran9 Posts: 4401
[quote="Bumble":35lynuho]You should order some samples from wedideas so that you can see them. I had ordered a selection of loose roses just so I could see what they'd look like. In the end i decided not to go ahead with wedideas .... get them to send you a few of the flowers you are thinking of getting so that you can decide.[/quote:35lynuho] I did the exact same and I didn't really like the samples either! :wv