Menu

Silly but....christmas presents!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Satin And Romance Bridal Posts: 35
Is anyone far on....what do u want for christmas. People keep asking me and its just not the same...no clothes r gonna fit, perfume will fumigate the baby, body moisturisers and bath smellies I probably cant use either. I like reading but i hate getting crap books...i need an intelligent read. :duh: :duh: :duh: just dont know what I want or should I just recommend stuff for baby??? Anyone else at a loss??
poppylops Posts: 1363
Designer handbags and shoes!!!!!!!
Cheers mrs...but the feet are too fat and i cant imagine the tonnes of nappies/wipes doing any justice to the fanciness of the handy bags lol :o0
Daff Posts: 11644
DH got me a gorgeous handbag last year - nice and big cause apparently mummy's need big handbags O:| I've probably used a handbag about three times since DD was born - the changing bag is my new handbag, I've not got enough hands otherwise :weep
SookieStackhouse Posts: 3135
[quote="daffodil mummy ":q54i1v30]DH got me a gorgeous handbag last year - nice and big cause apparently mummy's need big handbags O:| I've probably used a handbag about three times since DD was born - the changing bag is my new handbag, I've not got enough hands otherwise :weep[/quote:q54i1v30] LOL don't worry Daff you do get back to handbags eventually! After about 12 months I struggled with both cause missed my bag :o0 My SIL is due in jan, so i got her little clutch bag for going out, but just realised she probably won't get out again for a couple of years so thinking I should get her something else........! (and keep the bag for myself :hyper: ). so now i need more suggestions!
Daff Posts: 11644
I'm back to work next month so hoping I'll be able to dust the handbag off then! :o0 Best present I got was when DD was born - Clarins showergel and my Aunt stayed to look after DD while I had the shower - pure heaven!!! Remeber when you're bleeding heavily and feel like crap and dirt. Was pure heaven to have that shower.... oh I'd love it now!!!
Service Finder
Hoping42 Posts: 536
How about a voucher for pregnancy massage, or to get your hair done! Or a voucher for a shopping centre so you can go clothes shopping after baby arrives :o)ll
Happymammy2010 Posts: 837
[quote="daisy09":28ftow9g]How about a voucher for pregnancy massage, or to get your hair done! Or a voucher for a shopping centre so you can go clothes shopping after baby arrives :o)ll[/quote:28ftow9g] +1 million! As you can see I am due my baby next week so for Christmas I have told my family and DH to give me either vouchers or money so that I can buy new clothes after baby is born! I also think that a voucher for the hairdressers is a great idea! Another idea would be a voucher for a nice restaurant (only if babs is not due for a while - obviously wouldnt be able to get out with new baby)! HTH
Holy crap...next week!!! Im still not prepared for the thought of mine coming. The only thing about vouchers is the bloomin expirey date. There are few open ended ones around. Just a few weeks ago I read out a cupboard with £150 worth of different vouchers all out of date! And they are not obliged to honour them. I kinda forget about them and then its too late. Like the idea of massage etc, and meals out. Thanx ladies. Just so depressing looking at all the style in the shops and knowing id look like a christmas pudding!!! Might try the KAT SLATER Eastenders look, have any of u seen those short dresses and the bump. :eek
Muse Posts: 1580
How about restaurant vouchers, so that you and your DH can get out for a few nights before the baby is born? maybe even a Hotel break, if a few people clubbed together (this you could even use when Baby is a few months old and easier to bring away).