Silly question but.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Em Posts: 146
I know this might sound silly but is it safe to carry on having baths while pregnant? ps. Hope all you mothers to be are keeping well and good luck to all ttc :lol:
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
i think its ok Em, so long as the water isn't hot.
Jolee Posts: 567
It's no problem. Just have warm water and dont use those bath bombs or radox muscle soak things. thats what I was told when i was pregnant. My little boy will be 4 in October... time flies!
mad woman Posts: 22106
yeah definatly you will need them to relax you, just make sure you dont use lavender oil, you're not supposed to when you are pregnant, dont know why
charli Posts: 5994
was told the same, once the bath is not too hot, it's fine, i think back in our grandmothers time they were told not to have baths as it could start labour
Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
propb a silly question also but is it ok to have bath with jacussi jets on?
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
i think its fine there are some stuff that you can use in the bath most have it on the package so just check before hand.
Astra Posts: 1409
[quote:sduet9ok]propb a silly question also but is it ok to have bath with jacussi jets on?[/quote:sduet9ok] I'm not sure about this but I overheard an instructor in the gym I go to telling a pregnant woman not to get into the jacuzzi as the heat and the pressure from the jets can raise your blood pressure too much. It's worth checking it out with your doctor just to be sure.
Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
i wil do that, don't have an appointment for another 2wks but will check it then. until then i will so without the jets. thanks
Septbride Posts: 380
not really sure but usually it states on jacuzzis in hotels etc that pregnant women should not use them!!