Silvercross 3D

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jmeath Posts: 5740
Anothr buggy post from me... :o0 went to Smyths today and can get this with car seat and accessories for €400 as apposed to €650 a couple of weeks ago. any reviews?
LMR Posts: 1925
I don't have one but from friends who have them and my own frighteningly extenisve research into travel/systems/prams/buggies et al First of all they are really nice. Look very cosy, practical for a new born and easy to maneouvre. They are also a lot lighter than I expected. However, by all accounts they don't fold down very small and eve people with largish cars report them not fitting into their boots, as a result unless you mostly travel by foot and don't need to be constantly folding and unfolding or have a very large car it might not be ideal. I have to say I was sorely tempted though - if it hadn't been for the fact we travel by air a lot and its just not practical I'd have had one in a shot - I was a big fan.
Hi Littlemissrachy...... well we bought it this morning! My cousin has it and loves it and a friend of mine also does aswell....so i went with it. Got it for €395 with carseat,footmuff,raincover,changing bag as apposed to €650 before the sale!!!! Im sooo happy :o)ll
bride. Posts: 3014
I've been using it since dd was born nearly 10 months ago and I love it. It's simple to use, fold up and change from lie flat to forward facing etc. The car seat fits on so easily. I find it very light and it fits easily in my focus boot.
Thanks bridie, im so glad its out of the way now..i was drinving myself mad looking at buggies so now i can relax! We have t o get a seatbelt extender though coz the car seat wont go in the back of the car...
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
Sorry, but you asked so here goes!!! I got it last year when my DS was born and thought it was the bees knees but it was short lived until I actual had to use it, firstly the car seat didn't fit my car so had to get the belt extension which was a pain to use and I never really felt safe with it, secondly it's really heafty as in trying to fold it and put it in the boot is a pain as you can only put it in one way or it doesn't fit, if your phone rings forget about answering it and wheeling the buggy as the wheels have a mind of there own so you have to stop to take the call or use your elbows, arghhhhhh it's a pain and I only used mine for 5 months and went out and bought a Mcclaren as I got pregnant soon after my first DS and the weight of the buggy I couldn't lift it into the boot, ohh and don't get me started on the rain cover O:| Arghhhh takes an age to put on so if it starts to rain expect bab TO get wet and there's nowhere to store the fecking thing as well as the basket underneath won't hold it unless you fold the fecking thing right.....steer clear belive me mine takes pride of place in the shed after only 5 months use, I couldn't even GIVE it away to my friend as she said if I didn't like it she wouldn't either! Sorry...but that's just MY opinion!
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
My sil had this for her last baby and she loved it. I thought it looked great and really comfy for baby also. Im thinking of borrowing it from her this time instead of buying a pram. I think its a good purchase. Congrats on getting your pram i know its really head wrecking trying to decide as there are so many on the market.
bride. Posts: 3014
Fair point about the raincover actually, I used a different one and stored the big one in my boot for emergencies. As for the wheels swivelling when you're one handed, you can lock them so that they just go straight. hth (dont work for silver cross! :o0 )
Tks girls, i appreciate all opinions, good and bad. With this buggy ive heard alot more good than bad so hopefully my experience will also be a good one. I suppose there is always abd stories. Hopefully07, sorry to hear you had a bad experience with it, i hope your Maclaren is btter.