Simple Service

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

brett652 Posts: 2
I'm performing a wedding today. The bride sent me this lovely and simple service to read, in case anyone is looking for one: "Dearly Beloved (isn't that a lovely phrase?) we are gathered together here in the sight of God, and in the face of this company, to witness the joining together of ___ and ___ in holy union. This is an honorable estate, instituted of God, signifying unto us the bond of love that exists between Him and between all of us, "This covenant is not to be entered unto unadvisedly or lightly, but reverently, discreetly, advisedly, soberly, and with a sense of love and commitment that is a reflection of the love and commitment that He has shown to us every day of our lives. "On this day ___ and ___ stand before you, so that all of you might witness and rejoice in this expression of their devotion. From now until their last breath they will know in their hearts that someone will always be there for them: to rejoice in their happiness, to share in their sorrows, to walk lovingly with them through life's journey, and to support them when the road is difficult. They will never be alone; someone will always be there for them, to love comfort and understand them without limit or end. To quote Juliet, 'My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep; the more I give to thee the more I have, for both are infinite.' In this manner ___ and ___'s love for each other is truly a reflection of God's love for both of them... and for all of us. "Now they will make their vows." (___ and ___ make their vows.) Then shall the officiate join the candidate's right hands together and say: "Those whom God has joined together, let no one put asunder. "Forasmuch as ___ and ___ have consented together in holy union, have pledged as much before God and this company, have taken their vows and joined their hands together, we pronounce that they are united in this life... in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. May He bless and keep you both, as you bless and keep each other, Amen. "You may now kiss."
Bellisima Posts: 3583
I think the middle bit is especially beautiful
brett652 Posts: 2
Thank you for your kind comment. The couple was so sweet and the ceremony was so nice that I got a bit teary-eyed. That's supposed to be the bride's job. :-)