simple things

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sparklybabe Posts: 3353
what are the simple things that make you happy.............. some of mine...... a big hug from dh fresh sheets on the bed a cuppa i dont have to make a phonecall from a friend my dogs reading a good book when someone gives me a thank you card
CalamityJane Posts: 783
Oh lovely idea for a thread sparkly - nice to remember the simple things sometimes... Some of mine are the same as yours - my dh's hugs, tea made by him (a bonus if a bar of chocolate comes with it!), fresh sheets... I also like lie-ons, sitting in by the fire when it's lashing outside, meeting up with a good friend for coffee and a chat, spending time with my family, when the kids in school say something nice to me (I could be having a crap day and a simple "thank-you miss" can make it all worthwhile!), making a nice meal for me and dh and sharing a bottle of wine together. I'm sure there are loads more - they're just the ones I can think of off the top of my tired head :wv
randomusername Posts: 2134
A hot shower followed by my hair not taking an age to dry then getting into a freshly made bed, smelling the lovely clean sheets and curling up with a book. When my dh cuddles up to me during the night The smile on his face when I bring him tea and biscuits when he's studying hard His laugh when we share a joke that only we get A kiss and cuddle from my nephew My dogs asleep and snoring at my feet while we're watching tv My lab standing protectively in front of me if I'm home alone and answering the door Having girly nights with my mam and sisters My nana telling me stories about my grandad The huge hugs I get from my nieces The excitement I feel on xmas eve, you'd think I'd have gotten over it by now but I just love it My youngest sister turning to me about things, I always wanted a big sis and I love that she talks to me about anything feel all warm and fuzzy inside now *)
Ilovetoast Posts: 2267
a nice cupa tea... waking up and realising its saturday!
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Awww this is lovely, thanks for the fuzzy feeling (see Noooooo!) My list is: Special hugs from hubby When he goes to the shops and buys me a couple of trashy magazines that he knows I like (even though he's mortified buying them!) Dads off the cuff, really bad, totally random one-liner jokes - they crack me up even when they're brutal. Hugs from all my nieces and nephews - they're up there with hubbys. :lvs Getting into a freshly made bed. Looking into the wash basket and seeing it's empty (weird, I know :o0 ) They're all I can think of at this hour of the morning :zzzz: :zzzz:
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
[list:2a0dnui3] A good nights sleep Freshly made bed My DHs smile Hearing any song from our wedding (even ACDCs Thunderstruck makles me go warm and fuzzy) My nieces and nephew My niece in the States singing Happy Birthday to me down the phone Having just a day of nothing to do but cuddle up on the couch with DH and our 2 doggies Hearing our two doggies contentedly sigh in their sleep Finding a lovely outfit, in my size and price range[/list:u:2a0dnui3]
LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
Lying in a freshly made bed reading a really good book
nissi Posts: 683
Aw lovely thread. Mine are A kiss & cuddle from dh The excitement i get when going on holidays Curling up by the fire in winter Listening to the wind howl when im all tucked up warm in bed Having a nice romantic evening with dh Listening to my nephews stories A cuddle from my nieces Curling up to a good dvd at Christmas and the tree lights for a glow
sparklybabe Posts: 3353
[quote="nissi":xzmzl2lv] Curling up to a good dvd at Christmas and the tree lights for a glow[/quote:xzmzl2lv] love this and an open fire with a baileys coffee... just spent the day with my friend and her child hes only 20mths just hearing him say my name with a big smile :lvs
MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
Some of mine would be: Hugs Clean sheets on the bed Relaxing on the couch on a Friday evening Weekends