sinus! Not sleeping

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

blondie77 Posts: 217
Hi All Wondering can you help me? I have a horrible dose of sinus at the moment and looked like i ve been dragged through a bush backwards today as i did nt really sleep last night! I went to the chemist who told me sinutab was the best but cant take that at the moment needless to day so i have a nasal spray and some paracetamol, is it safe to take this? I thought it was nt but the chemist said it was? Any help would be appreciated or advise on how to get a decent nights sleep! :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz:
SophiaTheFirst Posts: 541
Hi Blondie, unfortunately you can't take any of the decongenstants that will help clear it up and deal with the pressure/pain. I posted a similar thread last week where some girls said their GPs/midwives said it was ok to use the Beconase spray but I forgot to ask my GP myself so can't add my two cents to that but it certainly did help before I was pregnant so maybe give it a go? I ended up going to the GP and getting antibiotics, it had gone too far for anything else to work for me. Try using steam with some olbas oil dropped into the water for some relief, I also had the olbas oil inhaler thingy and while I did take panadol - it didn't really do anything for the pain at all, in face an ice pack on my face was way more useful. Sorry you're suffering, sinus pain sucks.
PrincessLea Posts: 436
I was the girl praising the Beaconese spray! And I'm not embarrassed to say it again, as a cronic sinus sufferer it has changed my life! For the better perhaps I should add :o0 It was recommended to me by my GP as well as okeyed by hte lady in hte chemist... But you might want to check it with your own GP as they all have (very) different oppinions! :wv
Idina Posts: 1289
I suffer terribly with my sinuses and have pregnancy induced rhinitis which is just wonderful! :o0 My GP has given me Nasonex and I find it great. It's only on presription though.
tipperarygal Posts: 482
You can get saline drops in the chemist which are completely safe or a saline wash. I got this wash last year in the chemist and now just use the bottle with a warm saline solution (made with seasalt). I got a really bad sinus infection at the start of my pregnancy, which I would be prone to but I now wash my sinus every morn with this and I haven't had an infection since. Worth a try. You could also try acupuncture or reflexology if you are in to these.
Momof2 Posts: 3884
I had this for a lot of my early pregnancy its painful you could try sterimar it will just wash your sinuses out its horribel to use but very effective another thing I took was the sona cold and flu which is natural remedy and really effective. You should also try steaming in the evening before you go to bed might help you get some quality sleep early in the night. Hope you get a good nights sleep soon
Wife09 Posts: 873
You could also try steaming in a bowl with towel over your head?