Menu

Sister Feud and Xmas!!?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

candypants Posts: 8575
Ok so im no longer talking to me sister, i have 4 sisters and i just cant get along with this one, never have done but we came to blows and she called me names i cannot accept. Xmas day is one day of the year we all have dinner in my mams house and she goes all out, now this year its going to be awkward with us not talking, unfortable for everyone else, and may create an atmosphere. So im dreading this already. BUT, If i didnt go my mam would be quiet upset about it (i think) Should i stick to my guns and not go? Or go for the sake of kepping the peace? I know i cant avoid her all the time, but really dont think i can sit looking at her eating my xmas dinner ;o(
happyfamily Posts: 3323
Could you call a christmas truce for the sake of your mother?????? Sounds a little unfair to let this put a downer on everybody else's christmas and you don't have to be all over her. Just text her and ask if you could agree to be civil for one day. It's the grown up thing to do
Bazinga T McBinkers Posts: 4718
I would go, for the sake of your mum and other sisters! It will be hard though :action32
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
It could be a chance to heal old wounds or at the very least show her you are the bigger person. If you don't go you may resent it and feel forced out of a family event.
MrsPatience Posts: 1147
I would just go Candypants be the bigger person here, and just swallow your pride for the day and be civil for your mum's sake and if she isnt getting a reaction from you then she might cop on!!
Sodapop Posts: 3220
I just had a huge fight with my sister on Mon/Tues- we have a rocky relationships as it is - this weekend we had huge family get together and we just made up - now things are better than ever. I didn't think we would make up this time - we both said terrible things!! However you must go to Xmas dinner - after all you can't punish yourself and everyone else by not being there! you might make up with your sister!!!
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
How many will be around for dinner? If theres like 5 or more of you, maybe not talking to her at the table wont be as tricky as you thought. I've been around feuding family members before and they didnt fight, but they didnt speak and the rest of us just got on with it. I'd go for your mam's sake though - if your sis has always been a trouble maker, you cant forever forfit spending time with the rest of your family, she will always be around. You'll be the bigger/better person for going but still maintaining your stance :action32
candypants Posts: 8575
Ya see thing is, she is oblivious to whats going on around her, everything goes over her head, and after the big argument she text the next day looking for a lift!!! Things just dont seem to phase her. But i cant accept what she said, she really hurt me and i was very upset over the whole thing, while she hadnt a clue what time of day it was. I can see her trying to just talk to me as normal and the thought of that is cringing as i do not want to speak to her and think it will be uncomfortable for me, her, and the rest of the family to just ignore her while she is talking to me!!
bobbyjoe Posts: 395
[quote="MrsPatience":2rprjfk9]I would just go Candypants be the bigger person here, and just swallow your pride for the day and be civil for your mum's sake and if she isnt getting a reaction from you then she might cop on!![/quote:2rprjfk9] +1 Life is far too short
MrsPatience Posts: 1147
But then whats is your choice really, stay at home while the rest of your sisters & mum spend time together....she obviously is just really insensitive so you should just try put a bubble around yourself for the day and try your best to ignore her comments....why miss out on a xmas day because of her and she doesnt even realise how rude she was?! Wouldnt give her that power over me to be honest!!