Size 14 girls at fashion week

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
http://www.heatworld.com/Star-Style/201 ... you-think/ Size 12 to 14 girls used on the catwalk at Fashion week. What do ye think? While I think its great... I have a few issues with these photos. Firstly the clothes are CLEARLY too small for the girls. Could they not have put them in clothes their size? Secondly the clothes dont flatter thier shapes at all. Im no size zero so I dont go around in clothes designed to flatter a size zero shape. I wear clothes that flatter MY shape. Also, this was a new up and coming designer that used the girls. I cant help thinking that he used them purely to gain column inches and not because he is against the whole size zero debate. Any thoughts?
jellywellies Posts: 2268
I say happy days for gettings "real" sized girls on the cat walk - but agree with your Scarlett that the clothes don't fit or suit them!! They would have looked far better, as does anyone, in well fitted clothing!!
ott Posts: 3920
:eek Those photos are so bad I wouldn't be surprised if he was really making the point "there should only be size 0 models, look what happens when we use bigger models".
jamjars Posts: 1721
tbf heat really did pick the worst photos... there were nicer ones than that... [img:3stq5xc6]http://gnews.com/entertainment/Images/39223913495/Size_12_Models_Cause_Controversy_at_London_Fashion_Week_XLarge5.jpg[/img:3stq5xc6]
[quote="ottbride":3embsgjw]:eek Those photos are so bad I wouldn't be surprised if he was really making the point "there should only be size 0 models, look what happens when we use bigger models".[/quote:3embsgjw] Good point actually. Them outfits are wayyyyyyyyy to small for them!! Thats what I would look like squeezed into a size 6 dress. Awful.
emlo Posts: 1506
[quote="ottbride":pd9b4zvf]:eek Those photos are so bad I wouldn't be surprised if he was really making the point "there should only be size 0 models, look what happens when we use bigger models".[/quote:pd9b4zvf] Completely agree. Those models are doing nothing to help the cause to get more normal sized models on the runway.
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
[quote="jen0312":2xqgnlzz]tbf heat really did pick the worst photos... there were nicer ones than that... [img:2xqgnlzz]http://gnews.com/entertainment/Images/39223913495/Size_12_Models_Cause_Controversy_at_London_Fashion_Week_XLarge5.jpg[/img:2xqgnlzz][/quote:2xqgnlzz] There were also size 12 models in the show - I'd say these ones were the size 12s tbh. In any case, he did send the ones from heat down the runway like that - I'd say it had very little to do with promoting fuller figured models and more to do with promoting his own name. Although it could backfire - why would you buy the clothes he shoehorned the size 14 models into - they look awful pulled and stretched like that. Why didn't he make clothes to fit the models if he was so intent on using them?
jamjars Posts: 1721
[quote="v excited b2b":1ctjjnez]why would you buy the clothes he[b:1ctjjnez] [size=150:1ctjjnez]shoehorned[/size:1ctjjnez] [/b:1ctjjnez]the size 14 models into?[/quote:1ctjjnez] :o0 :o0
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
[quote="ottbride":2t12v8nl]:eek Those photos are so bad I wouldn't be surprised if he was really making the point "there should only be size 0 models, look what happens when we use bigger models".[/quote:2t12v8nl] I definitely agree Ottbride. These are good looking women with excellent figures but the clothes are clearly too small, and the styles are deeply unflattering. I am all for "real" women on the catwalks (those 6ft anorexic models make me sick, they look disgusting) but lets treat them properly by putting them in well-fitting outfits.
[quote="v excited b2b":2aa5ntgl][quote="jen0312":2aa5ntgl]tbf heat really did pick the worst photos... there were nicer ones than that... [img:2aa5ntgl]http://gnews.com/entertainment/Images/39223913495/Size_12_Models_Cause_Controversy_at_London_Fashion_Week_XLarge5.jpg[/img:2aa5ntgl][/quote:2aa5ntgl] There were also size 12 models in the show - I'd say these ones were the size 12s tbh. In any case, he did send the ones from heat down the runway like that - I'd say it had very little to do with promoting fuller figured models and more to do with promoting his own name. Although it could backfire - why would you buy the clothes he shoehorned the size 14 models into - they look awful pulled and stretched like that. Why didn't he make clothes to fit the models if he was so intent on using them?[/quote:2aa5ntgl] Exactly the point I was going to make. I would also bet that he knew these were the ones that would be used by the media. I have to say though that the pictures posted by jen0312 are brill. I think the girls look fantastic and much nicer than the stick insects that are usually there