Skin Care Regime

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
Basically, up to now, I used to just use make up cleansing wipes, and moisturiser. Very bad I know! But as a bride to be, I thought a large bottle of cop on there for Jawl is what's required. Went shopping yesterday and bought, cleanser, toner, day moisturiser and night moisturiser. The reason I went mad on the moisturiser is my skin is VERY dry from the air con in work at the minute. I also bought some Simple Eye Make Up Remover. Started my new regime last night, and my skin felt lovely and clean when I woke this morning, without being dry. When Mr. Jawl's sister was in ours the other day, my eyes were really really sore. Again from the air con in work. She suggested I take off my make up, and put some vaseline on my lids, lashes and under my eyes. She swears by it, as she says your eyes need re-hydration as well, especially lashes as we put them through so much drying them out with mascara. Been doing it every night since, and my eyes haven't really been sore despite the stupid air con.
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
sounds like a great regime Jawl. keep it up :o)ll i must try the vaseline too. you should keep some hand lotion by the bed also and do your hands every night.. BTW: I could have done with you yesterday to rub my head, i had such a bad hangover :hic :hic :o0
Twirl Posts: 5598
hi Jawl, My eye lids have been so itchey lately, some mornings they are swollen maybe i will give the vaseline a go. I have stopped wearing eyeliner now so im not irritating them. AS for beauty regime i am so glad to hear you got away from wipes,they can be hard on your skin. Keep up the good work :wv
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Face wipes and Nivea moisturiser...shame on me :-8
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
oops i forgot to add my regime: i go cleanse tone and moisturise every night, only recently tho, i used to just use face wipes, and have even been bold (and tired) enough to just use DDs wipes :-8
ShutterBug Posts: 1056
[quote="Twirl":2e55ihnv]hi Jawl, My eye lids have been so itchey lately, some mornings they are swollen maybe i will give the vaseline a go. [/quote:2e55ihnv] Me too and I cant figure out why as I havent changed the brands of make up and eyeliner Ive been using. Its so irritating in the mornings. Must try the vaseline. I need a kick in the bum, my skin care routine (if you could call it that) is terrible. I need to stop buying face wipes, I get so lazy and use them instead of my proper facewash at night. And my skin is suffering for it.
I am the very same Miss Ted, havent changed brands of makeup and now i feel like my eyes are naked and little butty eyes without my eyeliner. Oh my regime is.... pre cleanse, cleanse, tone, moisturise and apply total eye care ( its meant to keep the area firm but i still have lines ). I had been bold lately and hadnt used the pre cleanse or the eye cream but im back on track now and yesterday i used a power recovery mask and my skin is so soft. I try to do that or the exfoliating mask once a week.
BusyDee Posts: 8527
I used to use face wipes for years until I read how bad they were for you skin so I said feck it Im gonna stop using them and see will it make any difference. I bought Garnier cleanser and toner but as I rarely wear make-up I feel that the toner is enough and within a week my skin had very noticibly improved! I use Oil of Olay moisteriser.
Jawl Posts: 8881
I still use the face wipes, as I think they take off the bulk of the foundation!
[quote="Jawl":c8p9cl3l]I still use the face wipes, as I think they take off the bulk of the foundation![/quote:c8p9cl3l] A precleanse is brilliant for that too, you just apply and wash it off, its great and you dont use many cotton wool pads then.