Skin in bits - any suggestions greatly appreciated!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Millie- Posts: 490
So far (fingers crossed) i've had relatively few symptoms of being pregnant (no morning sickness etc) but in the last few weeks my skin has really broken out. i never had spots as a teenager but now all of a sudden i look like one (but with wrinkles!!!) did this happen to anyone else and if so, did you find any cure for it? any creams or lotions that you found particularly good etc. Thanks a mill :wv
RJR Posts: 962
My skin broke out during the last pregnancy and is now the same on this one - I didn't use anything as it wasn't too bad (no big red ones, just little pimply ones) and I stick to natural paraben free stuff in pregnancy If its any consolation at all, if your skin is a little on the greasy side during pregnancy you're far less likely to get stretch marks - I didn't get a single one and haven't got any so far on my second.
cat woman Posts: 897
its probably all the hormones in your body thats why your breaking out , just keep moisturizing and avoid eating greesey food, and may i say congrats on your pregnancy :wv
lunasa* Posts: 46
mine was the same and still isn't gr8. especially around my neck and jaw line. clearin up a bit tho now. had to stop using my usual treatments as contains benzol peroxide and salicilic acid and it very difficult to get spot treatments without these ingredients. cant use tea tree either so found an antibacterial cleanser. its called freederm and is about 13 euro. i still use my normal cleanser and toner and then rub this on and take it off with wet facecloth.really found an improvement. hope this helps :wv
MINI DONKEY Posts: 2499
I had bad skin like a teenager till 18 wks.Nothing made any difference. Have to say ever since then my skin has been perfect.It's just the hormones...they will go tho
Arta1 Posts: 276
im exactly the same at the moment, this is my third pregnancy and I have never experienced anything like it. Im sorry to say nothing ive tried is working so im hoping it will clear up on its own soon.
raspberry ripple Posts: 1809
My skin has been really bad since about 6 or 7 weeks, both my face and the top of my back. I've been using Vichy Normaderm facewash and moisturiser on the recommendation of a friend and while it doesn't clear it up, it definitely calms the breakouts. Oh and lots and lots of sudocream going to bed :-8
fraggle rocker Posts: 1426
I had a bad rash and spots on ds but this one is dreadful getting cysts as well and its all confined to my chin. There is a lotion called zinneryt on prescription. It is not working so well on me. I dont bloom in pregnancy I look haggard :o(
*BabyMaker* Posts: 212
I was the same on dd; spots on my chin like I was a 14yr old hormonal teenager again :o0 I knew I was pregnant when I got 2 major spots on edge of jawline last week - a place I only got them when pregnant on dd.
Millie- Posts: 490
Thanks a million gilrs for the suggestions. :wv good to know i'm not the only one who isn't blooming in pregnancy - indeed i'm at the fat spotty stage.... really not a good look with 2 weddings this weekend *)