skin tags under arms

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

shining star Posts: 877
Hi, has anyone got these? I remember reading about them at some stage in my What to Expect book but thought nothing more of them and then last night in bed I notice 2 :eek one in each under arm.. Granted they're tiny but they kind of freak me out and I just want to pull them off but I guess that's prob not the best idea :-8 I feel like I'm getting every symptom they list, one by one! Will these disappear on their own (I'm hoping you say yes!) Roll on 5 weeks!
zoesmama Posts: 2774
hi shining star i had lots of these when pg with DS - sorry to say they are still there. while i was pg i discussed them with my GP who said that she could sort of burn them off afterwards (apparently doesn't hurt !) but that they would more than likely return if i had subsequent pregnancies. so after DS was born said i would leave them 'til after #2 came along and then get rid of them. most of the time they don't bother me except one of them. expecting #2 in July and then they are all going
shining star Posts: 877
thanks kc05, I'll prob do the same, wait til I'm finished having a family and then get them removed. Asked my sis too and even tho she'd never mentioned them she said she got a few under her bust with her 2 pregnancies- obv runs in the the family.. Hopefully that's the end of these random symptoms of pregnancy! Thanks for you reply!
Jeidi Posts: 3128
I have one under my left arm.... have it about 10 weeks now and I see it every morning putting on deodarant. I cant remember the first time I copped it though.... also have one under my left boob, I could feel it rubbing in my bio oil every night and didn't think much of it till I looked in the mirror. They are both tiny and don't bother me at all... but like you I read about them in the book and lo and behold here they are....
sinion Posts: 6050
I had some before getting pregnant (apparently it's a symptom of PCOS) and the one I had got bigger as well as getting loads of new ones. I've had some burned off before and it's fine.
Peggy Sue Posts: 638
I had them a few years ago - not pregnancy related. My Mum tied thread around them and they fell off after a few days. The thread stops the blood supply and they fall off. They haven't returned as yet!
rushinbride Posts: 1097
i had a few alright...some have gone but some are lingering...as peggy sue said tie some thread around them...i saw this on some medical show...also my dr told me to do it too..if they were bothering me... all part of the 'joys'... :o0
Hot Mama Posts: 206
I have these under my arm my whole life - i get them from my dad who also has loads of them - i hate them sooo much !!! Wish i had pretty underarms like all the woman in the deodorant ads !!!
cmp Posts: 100
i'm to be found on weddings abroad, but l typed in skin tags and this forum came up. i have more than 10 skin tags under each arm and a few on the very top of my thighs where they rub together, some are tiny others are biggish. can you tell me where l can get them burned off and how much it costs and is it sore? getting we in 11 months time & want them gone before the honeymoon, so l can wear sleeveless tops. Vanity! :-8
justwaitin Posts: 2462
girls i have theese on my eye lid i got them when i was pg too, i suppose its risky to get them off whwere i have them.