Sleep...........

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jmeath Posts: 5740
Morning girls....1st day back to work today after 4 1/2 wks off!!! Im ready to cry though...not about being back at work though about sleep....or lack of it. We came home from honeymoon on Sun 23rd aug and to say ive had 1 nights sleep is pushing it....i got max 2hrs last night and its been the same most nights. Since last week my bump has got quite uncomfortable and moving during the night nearly has me in tears at times.....im so greatful for babas and that im gonna be a mammy so i do hate to moan but my eyes are hanging outta my head at the moment....i even put makeup on for work and i never do!!!
Toblerone Posts: 2698
Ah jmeath you poor thing! can't help on the work front but I do hope you have a great first day back chatting to everyone. On the sleep front I can sympathise completely. Are you able to get to sleep at all or is it that you wake up to change position and can't get back to sleep?
petunia Posts: 1626
Morning! I can totally sympathise with the couple of hours sleep but Im lucky in that I could have a really rubbish sleep but usually I get one good sleep for every two or three bad nights iykwim! Have you got yourself a long pillow to help prop yourself? (hope you have a good day back!!)
octbride2007 Posts: 774
There is nothing worse than not being able to sleep. Try a nice relaxing bath that has some lavender or camomile extract in it before you go to bed. Really helps me. Bets of luck with your 1st day back :wv
honeybunch Posts: 1218
Oh, it's just the worst feeling in the world, lying there awake. I totally feel your pain. I'd try using some pillows(one between legs) or having a bath in the evening. I have been getting an hour or two in the afternoons if I can't sleep at night-I find that at least it's something. Sorry, I don't have any remedy.
baby2008 Posts: 1254
Aww JMeath, I know how you feel. Can't really suggest anything but perhaps a nice warm bath before bed, with new sheets on the bed and fresh pjs to climb into might relax you?? Hope your first day back is going well...
jmeath Posts: 5740
Thansk girls ill try a nice bath tonight and hubbie might give me a foot massage... :-) im actually lying awake and checking the time every 20-30 mins.... i looked at my phone at 3.30 and not again until 5:35 so i must have got 2hrs....then i was awake again until i had to get up at 6.30. Ive been making up for some of the time with afternoon naps with being off so maybe tonight coz i wont get to nap during the day it might help...i hope coz if i lie looking ad the window anymore ill crack up! Im so tired here in work....im constanly looking at the clock for it to be lunchtime so i can just get a break... my back is holding up though thank god. I threw my full body pillow outta bed last night it was doing my head in! When i move my bump gets uncomfortable aswell but i can deal with that by moving the pillow....