Sleeping bags?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrs mammy Posts: 1487
Hi, I have a question for you all.. I see these sleeping bag type things in all the shops and was wondering, do many of you use these for your baby or do you swaddle? Any little babies I have seen have been swaddled, I've never seen these sleeping bags before. Also, if you do use them, do you put anything else on the baby, like another blanket or something? These things are sleeveless so it would seem to me maybe the baby's arms might be cold?? Thanks :wv
soon2bmomof3&4 Posts: 400
hi mrs happy hope your keeping well! we swaddled DD until she was too big (kept getting her arms out!) so then we got one of those gro-bags, it was great because she kept kicking the blankets off herself! we'd normally put her in it in her baby-grow or pjs and then go back up when she had nodded off and put a blanket over her to keep her warm. But then she figured out how to get out of it so we've stopped putting her in it! I think they are good and will use it again on baby no.2
mrs mammy Posts: 1487
Thanks Mrs HM! We were wondering if people use them or how you use them, we have a lot to learn (only just recently figured out what a babygro is duh! :o0 )
Dora the explorer Posts: 1570
I always used them on my DS they are not for brand new babies though
Forgottenpassword Posts: 1078
[quote="Dora the explorer":3vjeavax]I always used them on my DS they are not for brand new babies though[/quote:3vjeavax] The first size Gro-bag one is for babies over 7lbs. We used it from when DS was 4 days old. FP