sleeping round the clock

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ginger nut Posts: 5989
cannot believe how much sleep i need at the moment - lay down "for a minute" on the sofa last night just after 7pm - woke at 10 and staggered up to bed and slept till after 8am this morning :eek :eek :eek Also i am boiling every night in bed - my husband says he's never felt anyone's skin as hot. Is this just me or is this normal?
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Hi Ginger - what stage are you at now? The baby may well be going through a growth spurt. I was particularly tired around 10 weeks and again at 14. Ok at the moment - but I still have to be in bed before 11 every night and I sleep through until 8.30 or 9.00 and it's still a struggle to get up. I regularly go for naps in the afternoon too! (am really glad I'm self-employed and work from home - I would not cope in an office job at the moment). I also get v. hot at night too whereas I would normally be a cold creature! I read that your body temperature goes up while pregnant - something to do with all the extra blood that you're pumping around. I don't think you will be this tired all the way through though - the first trimester is supposed to be the worst. Maybe you'll get a big burst of energy in the second trimester (tho I'm still waiting for mine to happen!)
ginger nut Posts: 5989
hi sphynx - nearly 9 weeks pregnant and find i am constantly tired - not just tired but really sleepy. Like you i'm normally a cold creature in bed but recently have been absolutely boiling.....i figured it must be all the extra blood being pumped to the skin surface to stop baba from getting too hot.