Sliderobes??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

joker Posts: 2789
Hey, Im just thinking of getting sliderobes in one of our bedrooms? has anyone ever got them or would you recommend them? Or have you used someone else that you'd recommend. Im so confused and want to get value for money!
Daisy2513 Posts: 34
Hi, We got slide robes for our main bedroom saved a fortune by going to IKEA and got exactly what we wanted, the best thing is you can pick up lots of different shelving, hooks, drawers etc. Best buy ever for us.
peonybaby Posts: 299
Got our sliderobes from robeplan about 4 years ago and they are great. we didnt have fitted wardrobes when we bought the house so had to get something in. They are custom made to your room so they can make the very best of the space you have. Think they were about 2500 for one largeish and one smaller with full mirrors.
PrettyWoman Posts: 1233
[quote="Daisy2513":1h65zn1f]Hi, We got slide robes for our main bedroom saved a fortune by going to IKEA and got exactly what we wanted, the best thing is you can pick up lots of different shelving, hooks, drawers etc. Best buy ever for us.[/quote:1h65zn1f] Hi. Do you mind me asking how much they cost? I'm looking at ikea for wardrobes but find them v confusing. If I gave them measurements would they cost it all from that? Looking to get them in my bedroom ( floor to ceiling, and roughly three large panels) and also in spare room ( two door panels). Also toying with the idea of just getting the doors since we have the frames and shelving is ok ( but not great ) I just like the real smooth sliding stuff!! Thanks!!
MomToEmandJ Posts: 1977
We are getting our sliderobes fitted the end of this month with sliderobes. Floor to ceiling 2 doors, costing €2,600. can't comment on fitting or anything yet
I've rang 3'companies to come out and do a design and price the work. So I'll let you all know how it goes. Does ikea fit the robes? Do they have sliding doors? I really want sliding doors to optimise space!
betty draper Posts: 728
Ikea have sliding doors, not sure if they fit but i would say they do, if not they'll have a list of people who can do it for you and they charge 20% of purchase price
so sliderobes just rang, one of the companies I asked to come out to see' ' if I was aware of their pricing before they come out, in case we could not afford them to save their design teams time... im bloody furious.
CestMoi Posts: 2162
[quote="joker":zjcvd84o]I've rang 3'companies to come out and do a design and price the work. So I'll let you all know how it goes. Does ikea fit the robes? Do they have sliding doors? I really want sliding doors to optimise space![/quote:zjcvd84o] Ikea do have sliding doors, just search their site for the PAX system or the ELGA system. There is an option on their site to use a wardrobe planner tool, so you pick the sizes of all their wardrobes, which are usually in 3 widths 50cm / 75cm / 100cm, you select whatever combination of these you want and then it will give you a total price. Or if you went in store and go to the bedroom department /section there are always staff who help you pick what you need, and you can see a display of them there too so you get to see before you buy. I know they have a Kitchen planner to help you buy your kitchen but I don't know about the wardrobes. They also have a contact for an assembly person who will fit them for you. Or there are usually local tradesmen that will do this too! I heard sliderobes are very expensive, so when we are buying them I hope to use Ikea, like you though I'll price around too.
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Jaysus girls, €2,600 for Sliderobes? Is that how much they cost? But it's a wardrobe! How can it be that expensive! Gosh I'll be leaving off decorating for another few years so. Shocked by those prices, am glad I didn't ring them up to enquire, I'd have mortified myself screaming WHAT?! HOW MUCH? down the phone at them!