Slideshow at reception?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sahm123 Posts: 25
I am thinking of putting together a slideshow to surprise my h2b during speeches. We have been together a long time and been through an awful lot and I just wanted to put together a slideshow to show the various stages of our relationship and how much he means to me. I have never seen it done at any wedding I have been to but I would like opinions from other brides2b.
MrsSparkle2B Posts: 1689
I love that idea, I say go for it if your venue has the facilities for it.
Hbombadero Posts: 1960
I think it would be a nice thing to do privately, I personally would not like it if DH did this in public for me and I think he'd feel the same.. You know your h2b best - would he like it?
craftyPB Posts: 2625
I agree with hbomb - do it privately...
lisavd Posts: 63
It's a sweet idea but I immediately thought the same thing: Do it privately. You could also prepare a photo book with lots of memories instead of a slideshow and present it to him on your wedding day. Then he has the choice if and with whom he wants to share this.
emilyyy111 Posts: 41
slideshow is great idea! :o)ll
MrsP2be2015 Posts: 100
I personally wouldn't because I think it might bore some of the guests! Unless it is very short. A photobook for your groom is a nice idea, maybe you could get the best man to give it to him on the wedding morning as a present?
Joanna Crowley Posts: 12
I was at a wedding a few years ago and the bestman used a slideshow for his speeches, and had photoshopped the groom in certain images and had a whole story to go along. It was definitely one of the more memorable wedding speeches I have heard :yelrotflmaosmilie:
Infokus Photography Posts: 24
I have seen this done at a good couple of weddings that we have photographed, it always adds emotion to that part of the wedding and becomes a great taking point during the wedding! If you can have it set up before the meal it will add a great atmosphere to your meal! Make sure the hotel has a viewing facility to show it, if sound can be added it would really be the icing on the cake :xxx