slight bleed in second trimester

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

newly_wed Posts: 1039
Hi girls, I am 14 weeks pregnant and never had any bleeding or spotting throughout my first trimester. However on fri I suddenly had a bleed, bright red blood (sorry tmi) and I went to my g.p. and I'm on bed rest for a couple of weeks. he explained to me that bleeding after 12 weeks is more of a cause of concern than bleeding in early preg, It can be a sign of a threatened miss or a problem with the cervix. I have an appoint with my consultant and am hoping and praying everything will be ok. I haven't had any more bleeding since thank god, but we got a terrible fright! I thought I'd never get to 12 weeks - little did I suspect I'd start having problems after I reached that milestone!! Anyway, I was just wondering did any one else have problems with bleeding in 2nd trimester and would love to hear from anyone who did where everything turned out ok - i want to be as positive as possible Thanks a mil girls xx
GotPreggers Posts: 988
Hi NW Sorry to hear you are bleeding, you get such a fright. :o( I know exactly how you feel, I had a slight bleed on Friday night and again today, I rang the hosp and I have to go in tomorrow for a scan in the EPU, but if I have any pain or the bleeding gets any heavier I have to go straight in. I actually bled on my last pregnancy too, but I was further gone, about 28 weeks and it was because I had placenta previa, ended up in hosp for 2 weeks on complete bed rest, but went on to have a healthy dd. Anyway, I hope everything works out ok for you, I'm sure it will, look after yourself :thnk
Thanks Gotpreggers :thnk And I really hope it all works out ok for u too. Good luck with ur scan tomorrow and let us know how u get on. Fingers crossed for us both! :lvs
Babylon Posts: 334
Hi girls. I really hope everything works out for you both. You both sound positive - that is a great start. XXX
Baby bop Posts: 662
newly_wed and GotPreggers i hope everyhting works out for both of you's, I'll say a little prayer for the two of you tonight.
mariac Posts: 982
i had a slight red bleed at 14 weeks - got checked out and all was fine. doctor said that maybe i did something or lifted something heavy. grand since. hope ye will be ok ..
GotPreggers Posts: 988
No problem NW, hope everything goes ok for you too, and make sure to let us know. Thanks girls for all the kind words, just can't wait to get to tomorrow so I can see that everything is ok
Thanks for all the good wishes girls. :thnk
sinion Posts: 6050
just seeing this now hon, how are you? did the bleeding stop again? It could be any number of harmless things, the doc in A&E told me that as the uterus grows it can rub off blood vessels in surrounding outside tissue and cause slight ruptures, which could be the cause of the bleeding so if you try and keep that in mind, that it most likely is just something harmless. Hope you're ok, it's so so hard not to stress about it :xxx
[quote="Sinion":h6r0e0uw] did the bleeding stop again? It could be any number of harmless things, the doc in A&E told me that as the uterus grows it can rub off blood vessels in surrounding outside tissue and cause slight ruptures, which could be the cause of the bleeding so if you try and keep that in mind, that it most likely is just something harmless.[/quote:h6r0e0uw] Hi Sinion! Thanks for posting this - it helped alot!My friend who is a nurse said something similar to me today and then I read this post from u and both made me feel soooo much better, so thank u!! :thnk Have had no more bleeding since Fri, so am hoping it was just a burst blood vessel in the cervix or sth like that, nothing more fingers crosses. Have appoint in Holles St next Mon and I'll have a scan then so hopefully I'll get to see and hear all is well with baby then. Am feeling more confident and positive with each passing day. As hubby says, stressing out won't help the baby so I am doing my best and taking things very easy! Anyway, thanks for the reassurance :xxx