Sligo Hen party

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

beelo Posts: 33
Just wondering can anyone recommend places to stay in Sligo for a hen party - preferably apartments.Also good pubs and activities for us Many Thanks
Newwife07 Posts: 6
The apartments at the Clarion Hotel are nice. They're not right in the middle of town however it's only a quick cab ride away. There's not that many restaurants in sligo however the best would be: Coach Lane- nice and formal, popular for hens Montmarte- small french restaurant, fantastic food Bistro Bianconi- relaxed Italian in middle of town Poppadum- nice indian. Pubs- Lots of little pubs but for a more lively place- Fiddlers Creek is good. Louder music, dancing etc than most pubs. Shoot the Crows- is a nice old pub too. Velvet Room is nicest club for a hens night. You can book a table and it has table service and a great cocktail menu!
Daisy Doo Posts: 1091
The clarion apts have a really good reputation. The Bistro bianconi (italian), sakura (chinese, thai, japanese), coach lane are all fab restaurants. Mc Hughs, Fiddlers Creek and the belfry are good drinking spots. The embassy (restaurant), belfry (pub) and toffs (nightclub) are all owned by the same person and are in the same building so you won't have far to travel! They are really friendly (was there on a hen and they gave us a complimentary bottle of bubbly in the bar and free entry to toffs) Velvet room is a fab night club (across bridge from embassy) you can book a table and et table service For day activities the spa in the radisson is fab, seaweed baths in strandhill (nice restaurants and pubs in this seaside villlage too), and lots of shopping!!! Enjoy! :o)ll
beelo Posts: 33
Thanks a mill for all your help !
neudy Posts: 22
We stayed in the Glasshouse for my friends hen a few weeks ago. It is FAB. Super Glam spot and ideal location for night out.Had to write about it. We had a girl from Polished a mobile beauty company based in the area come in to do our tans and nails. A great spot and ideal hotel for a pampering hen weekend
spaced2012 Posts: 275
another apartment option is [url:l5nozp33]http://www.riversidesuiteshotelsligo.com/[/url:l5nozp33] and is just a short walk from the nightclubs mentioned above. another restaurant to defo try is Source Sligo [url:l5nozp33]http://www.sourcesligo.ie/[/url:l5nozp33] great food on the ground floor restaurant & has a wine bar on 1st floor. they also have a cookery school if you fancied that as an activity - see under private parties. its very central too. another activity option is surfing! i'm going surfing on my hen but not in sligo. it should be great craic.