Small wedding, big party.

Go to All Things Wedding

Katiewm
New Wolly

Small wedding, big party.

Postby Katiewm » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:42 am

My fiance and I are in the very early stages of wedding planning and sorting out a budget. We have decided that to avoid having to choose what family members to invite to the whole wedding and who to only invite to the afters (we can't afford to invite everyone to the whole thing) we would instead just have the two of us, bridal party and parents at the ceremony, go out somewhere nice for a meal and then have a huge party in the function room of a hotel. Has anyone else done this? We just figured the best way to avoid having some people feeling left out or annoyed is to have everyone be left out. Does that make sense?

2bmrskc
New Wolly

Re: Small wedding, big party.

Postby 2bmrskc » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:16 pm

Hi and congrats!We're thinking the same as its huge money for us with both families having a lot in each!We haven't even got a proper date in mind as himself keeps changing his mind about things! O:| Anyway how many are you thinking of having to the"afters"?I'm going to be asking hotels soon if they cater for after parties as were heading away to get married(still costing a bloody fortune but its what he wants,,I couldn't care if it was in Mac D's lol)

Elmsem
New Wolly

Re: Small wedding, big party.

Postby Elmsem » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:11 pm

Hi there,

This is what we are doing. Our wedding is booked for October - 9 weeks to go!! Having a small day part, about 50 people to church and dinner then party in the evening, a total of about 120-130. Both of us were nervous about having the focus on us for the day so broke it down! Was worried that we would be offending some people but was just up front about what we were doing with everyone and everyone seems happy enough so far!

Go to All Things Wedding

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Swords Business Campus, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 905 9680 Email: office@weddingsonline.ie
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T