small wedding venue

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

deeh Posts: 6
Hi, I'm looking for a small wedding venue (60people) in the South East, anyone any ideas. Something special and nice. Most hotels seem to take large parties only. My brain is begginging to wear away trying to come up with ideas. Perhaps someone has had the same problem?
mop1 Posts: 1564
Have you tried Hotel Kilkenny, I know they have two very large function rooms but they have a smaller one just off the bar called the Rosehill room that might suit
Anonymous Posts: 24542
[quote="deeh":3m809kk9]Hi, I'm looking for a small wedding venue (60people) in the South East, anyone any ideas. Something special and nice. Most hotels seem to take large parties only. My brain is begginging to wear away trying to come up with ideas. Perhaps someone has had the same problem?[/quote:3m809kk9] Hi deeh Here are three in [b:3m809kk9]Wexford [/b:3m809kk9]that might suit: [b:3m809kk9]Kilmokea House[/b:3m809kk9], Campile - beautiful gardens [b:3m809kk9]Horetown House[/b:3m809kk9], Foulksmills (just refurbished) [b:3m809kk9]Dunbrody Country House[/b:3m809kk9] (we are having ours there; it might be minimum 60, not sure). Good luck!
Excited_Aug08 Posts: 3
We've booked Killashee House in Naas for our small wedding. We're planning on having between 60 and 70 guests and Killashee have this beautiful room called the Great Hall (sounds bigger than it is!). The only thing is that you have to book the bedrooms upstairs as well so it's pretty expensive. But once we saw it we couldn't look anywhere else. Basically you book the whole old part of the hotel which includes the reception room, two sittings rooms and 12 bedrooms upstairs. But it's connected to the main hotel so you have the luxury of a hotel but the feel of a private house. The other small place we looked at was Tinakilly House in Rathnew which is very pretty as well. Pretty much everywhere else we looked in the Wicklow / Dublin/ Kildare area has a minimum number for weddings.