Smear Test Results

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

garran9 Posts: 4401
Hiya, Got my Smear Test Result today and it came back as "borderline nuclear changes". Whereas I know it isn't serious and will be called again for a test in October 07, what does this really mean? For those who had the same, were your next 3 tests the same?
gerbil Posts: 3528
I know someone who got that and their next test was clear, I know others who continue to get the same result. They didn;t give you a CIN number did they? (((hugs)))) it's definitely not too serious so try not to worry btw!
sarhar101 Posts: 381
Hi garran9, Sorry, I can't help having not had a similar result, but I thinkk that this is a "better safe than sorry" precaution. They just want to monitor to see if there are any further changes three months down the line. If in doubt, give your GP a call and ask them to explain it to you. Another check is purely routine... :lvs
july2009bride Posts: 532
I had the same a few years ago, 2nd test looked a bit dodgy too so they sent me local hospital for a Letz proceedure where they zap the dodgy cells, when I went the cells had disappeared so they redid smear and all was ok. I now go for a yearly smear. Hopefully all will be ok for you. That's why it's so important to go for a smear at least every 2 to 3 years. Good luck.
Thanks girls. Eventhough I know it isn't serious, I still fell a little off. I read that if I have another 3 the same that I will have to be called to hospital. Hope the next one is clear because I don't want this to be hanging over me coming up to the wedding.
july2009bride Posts: 532
It's natural to worry but you are doing the right thing, it's soooo important to catch these things early. Good luck.
Angel! Posts: 1494
Hi there :wv Please don't worry. I had this result a few years back. They re-tested me once a year for three years, and once I got three clear ones in a row, I was back to getting tested every 3 years. My GP told me that sometimes that result comes back because they didn't have enough cells to work with. So, I'm sure everything will be ok. These results are quite common, and the next ones are generally normal. :wv
[quote="bokkie":2inuuxe3]Hi there :wv Please don't worry. I had this result a few years back. They re-tested me once a year for three years, and once I got three clear ones in a row, I was back to getting tested every 3 years. My GP told me that sometimes that result comes back because they didn't have enough cells to work with. So, I'm sure everything will be ok. These results are quite common, and the next ones are generally normal. :wv[/quote:2inuuxe3] Thanks a mill Bokkie! Must admit that my tummy has been in a bit of a knot but these posts are putting my mind at ease. Thanks
coraline Posts: 925
I had this result about two years ago, doctor was very reassuring and they have been all clear since then. Don't worry :)
Angel! Posts: 1494
I remember the panic I felt at the time, so I do know how you feel. But just remember how common it is, and like 99% of cases, the next test is clear... :wv