Smear test whilst pregnant?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

papillon Posts: 1305
I've just received the letter for the free smear test from the cervical screening centre programme. Now I get one every couple of years anyway and had one last year which wIas clear. Has anyone else gone for a smear whilst pregnant?
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
i had a smear test in september, and didnt know i was about 4 weeks pg, i was actually asking the nurse who was doing it, as i was ttcing at the time, can it cause any damage, (i actually thought i was ovulating at the time) :-8 anyways, she said, that it doesnt do any harm to a baby, and i know my friend had one done while expecting too, but for your own peace of mind, check with your doctor 1st to be on the safe side, hth :wv
marianf Posts: 5845
I had a smear when I was about 18 weeks due to a previous colposcopy procedure. Wasn't a problem, although its slightly more uncomfortable than usual.
MrsClucky Posts: 440
papillon Posts: 1305
I rang the cervical centre and told me to send back the letter with my due date and they'll reschedule for after I give birth (on basis that my last smear was clear) thanks for the advice ladies!