smear today

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
Hi girls my appt finally came around for my smear and im bricking it, maybe its because the last attempted time it was so soare, i feel sick thinking about it. fingers x it wont be as bad. SSC
bellabella Posts: 2750
Hi Chick, YOu will be grand.Firstly remember to say you are nervous and belive me it will help. Thats what i do,The minute i go to the gynae i say i am morto and he is so lovely and calms me down and they will do the same for you today.I promise. Remember it is also for an important cause plus when u start ttcing you know everything is ok and in working order. Best of luck today (((((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) :xxx
thanks bellabella i keep telling myself its essential to get done each time i think of chickening out but il give it a go hopefully it wont be as horrible as last time
Tigletts Posts: 2904
You'll be grand strawberry, I'm sorry you had such a bad time of it first time round, there's no need for that. It is uncomfortable, but it shouldn't be painful in the least. You can be proud of yourself for doing it. :xxx
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Hi stawberry - I love the new avatar! They will be in and out today before you know it and you will be so pleased with yourself afterwards for having done it - you can give yourself a big treat to celebrate! Tell them you're nervous and embarrassed - the last time I had one the doctor told me she was just as embarrasssed! Hope it goes well.
thanks girls your really making me feel much better about it, i just want to go do it now and fingers x be quick
well im off now girls byyeeeeeeeeeee
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Good woman, let us know how you got on, xxx
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
They are awful but relax yourself and see you later :wv
hi girls well im back took all my courage to stay in that waiting room yesterday. the first girl packi doc went through my history and said ok wel "try" and do i that worried me eh TRY??? so she "tried" but it kilt me i was nearly screaming she said il get the other nurse, the nicer nurse as the paki doc had no mercy even with me telling her how anxious i was. other nurse came in and used without being to graphic smaller eh equiptment :-8 still hurt like mad but not as bad as first one i was telling her no way take it out its to soare 5 seconds later she did and said all done. i said did you get something and she did had it done. apologised to her for being so silly but honestly girls it did hurt but thanked her also for doing it. glad its over now and happy with myself i did it, i would have been glad if i had of gone down to hosp and tried least i would have given it a go but obviously im extra happy its done. thanks for all your replies as it edged me on even more to go get it done and over with. was a bit soare yesterday but assured h2b i would be ok later :xxx