Smears!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MJR Posts: 387
Hi Girls Just want to put up a little reminder for everyone that hasnt had a smear in a while or due one!! I hadnt had one in 4 years and went for one 3 weeks ago, Got results back last week high grade went for a colposcopy today and had to have a lletz done straight away. They could not hold off till after the wedding (as u can bleed up to 6 weeks) They believe they got all the cells and fingers crossed they are all pre cancerous They have been sent off for Biopsy so I will know more in a few weeks last thing I need with the wedding in 5 weeks. I am in shock and wasnt expecting to have the procedure today I am very healthy and only 29 and truly didnt think I was at risk So please go for yours smears and save yourself the worry Its free just go to the below link http://www.cervicalcheck.ie/
JustBecause Posts: 3242
Hope you're doing ok. Best of luck with the results. What a good thing that you didn't leave the smear any longer. hope you get your results fast and don't have much bleeding. Brilliant post. We all need reminding to do this regularly. Unplesant as it can be it's better than the alternative.
MrsOConnor2b Posts: 268
Thanx MJR for reminding me! I was at my doctors afew weeks ago and she told me to register with the website and I totally forgot until your post reminded me. Fingers crossed that everything goes well with your results. God with 5 weeks to your wedding you should be enjoying the build up to it not worrying about this. Keep us updated and I really hope everything goes well for you :action32
DollyMomma Posts: 1231
Ah you poor pet MJR. I really hope it all works out ok for you :lvs
OOB Posts: 639
Hope your feeling better soon.You've alot to look forward to. Best of luck with everything and thanks for such a worthwhile post :thnk
MaggieBee Posts: 1047
MJR thanks for such a worthy post and for reminding us all, try not to worry I'm sure all will be totally fine and they got all the cells, just concentrate on your wedding and try not think of it, best of luck with everything and think positive K? :action32 :wv
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
[quote="MJR":12wgynvw]Hi Girls Just want to put up a little reminder for everyone that hasnt had a smear in a while or due one!! I hadnt had one in 4 years and went for one 3 weeks ago, Got results back last week high grade went for a colposcopy today and had to have a lletz done straight away. They could not hold off till after the wedding (as u can bleed up to 6 weeks) They believe they got all the cells and fingers crossed they are all pre cancerous They have been sent off for Biopsy so I will know more in a few weeks last thing I need with the wedding in 5 weeks. I am in shock and wasnt expecting to have the procedure today I am very healthy and only 29 and truly didnt think I was at risk So please go for yours smears and save yourself the worry Its free just go to the below link http://www.cervicalcheck.ie/[/quote:12wgynvw] hey i had to get a lletz done a few years ago.. thankfully my smears have been clear since.. had to get smear every 6 months for a yr and every year for 5 years or something.. am always on to all my girls to get them done.. think jade goody brought them back into public eye for a while
realta Posts: 820
i completely agree that smears are definitely worth getting done- despite the fact that they aren't nice to have done. hope everything works out for you :heartbeat:
Laila1 Posts: 640
good idea to post this. Hope all is good, and they've cleared out anything nasty!
This Little Piggy Posts: 238
Well done for posting this MJR and I hope you feel better soon. Went for my 1st smear in the Well Woman clinic and I have to say they were so nice and it was so quick and painless I was really surprised. Anybody who is nervous about going for a smear like I was really shouldn't be, it is so much easier than you think!