Menu

SMITHFIELD FLOWER MARKET....

Go to All Things Wedding

energisedbride
Mini Wolly

SMITHFIELD FLOWER MARKET....

Postby energisedbride » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:58 am

has anyone done their own wedding flowers and bought from here?? what days is it open and do they have a large variety? :thnk
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Mamaboom
Woloholic

Re: SMITHFIELD FLOWER MARKET....

Postby Mamaboom » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:09 am

There's a few different stall holders selling flowers in there. I got all I needed from Duffy's. He ordered whatever I wanted and I collected the week of the wedding. He had everything in fridges and wrapped when I picked them up.

They open Mon - Sat but they close around 10.30am on Saturday mornings, I'm not sure what time they close during the week but I've a feeling it might be around lunch time as they open extremely early.
The boss is 2
#2 ETA November 2013

energisedbride
Mini Wolly

Postby energisedbride » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:45 am

thanks mamaboom! thats great need to know info!!

NemoFish
Woloholic

Postby NemoFish » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:37 pm

I think they close around half 2 during the week.
Duffys was recommended to me too.
I have a phone number for them.
I worked out the cost of flowers - its about €200, for 40 roses, 60 Gerberas, some carnations, gladioli, greenery and some other stuff.

flor
Wolly Addict

Postby flor » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:24 pm

Hi, am bumping this topic as am looking for florists for our wedding on 29th December this year & given the prices i've been getting, have been toying with the idea of doing them myself. Does anyone know if the markets open the week between Christmas & New Years?
I am from Galway so of course, there is also the risk of bad weather & not being able to get to Dublin to pick them up etc. but just exploring my options at the mo. Thanks for any feedback! O-O

winklefairy
Princess Wolly

Postby winklefairy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi Prettyglam,

I'm in Galway too and thinking of doing my own flowers. I'm thinking of ordering them from wholesaleflowers.ie - they supply flower shops and they deliver to Galway on a Thursday I think which would be perfect for a weekend wedding. I'm sure they'll deliver to a residential address but if that's a problem pm me and I can help you out. :thnk

Kettles Hotel
dancerformoney
Woloholic

Postby dancerformoney » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:31 pm

hi ladies,
my BM mam did my flowers.

i used a dutch company called www.flowers4florists.com

they deliver on a tues and thurs i think. i got mine delivered on the tues morn, and then they were conditioned for 24hrs and then put together by her mam!

i got enough flowers for bride bouquet (and throwing one), 2 bm bouquets, small FG posy, 9 buttonholes, grooms buttonhole, corsage for his mam and a very very large bouquet for my sister for doing cake and then my BMs mam made up a bouquet for her house!
i got vendela and avalanche roses, purple lisianthus, purple tipped lisianthus, lilac freesias, gypsophilia (baby breath) for E225 incl delivery. think i got 40 stems of each rose. oh and got greenery to for the buttonholes etc

a very good company to deal with.
my BM then used them for her flowers 2 mths later. her mam used to be a florist and said the quality of flowers was very good!
[/url]

AmandaMc
Wolly Addict

Postby AmandaMc » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:41 pm

PMed you but just realised you are based in Galway- sorry!

flor
Wolly Addict

Postby flor » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:08 pm

thanks for those recommendations girls, will have a look into them & hopefully find a solution! the best quote i've gotten back from a florist so far is e635 for the following
bridal bouquet
throwing bouquet
3x bridesmaids
1x flowergirl
buttonholes for groom, bestman, 2x groomsmen, 1x pageboy, father of groom & father of bride
groom's mother's corsage
8 other buttonholes for family members
unit candle arrangement
2x medium altar arrangements
1x medium arrangement for front porch

when i list it out now it seems like alot so e635 doesn't seem so bad? obv. it would be cheaper to do them yourself but if the weather is awful at that time of year it might be better to leave the headache to someone else....? anyway, will look into the DIY option & see how it all compares!

Soon to be mrs c
New Wolly

Postby Soon to be mrs c » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:26 pm

If your looking for value for money try Sunflower designs.. I used them last year when I got married. The ladys' name is Eileen, works from home & she is lovely. She is based in Kildare. Really good prices... :)

Next

Go to All Things Wedding